Give me Joy in My Heart

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Sparky, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

We have a wedding to play at on Sunday 17th June and are struggling to find an arrangement of 'Give me Joy in my Heart'. Does anyone know if this is published?

oops - wrong thread, should be in Rehearsal room (Sorry Mods!)
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If it is for congragational use, you'll find it in the SA tune book, I think under the title "Sing Hosanna". There is also a simple band arrangement, I think in the Grey Favourites book.
  3. T Winch

T Winch Member

Felling were using an arrangement of it last weekend. I think Greame Tindall arranged it himself. PM me if you need a contact for him
  4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Pretty sure we've played it from the SA tune book.
  5. Di B

Di B Member

6. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

Is it for whole band?
    I've done quite a jazzy arrangement of it for 10 piece as it was written for my sister'in'law's wedding. It worked well! Got everyone feeling good
  7. Sparky

Sparky Member

Thanks for your help everyone, managed to get an arrangement from Graeme Tindall at Felling (Thanks for that, Graeme) so that we can keep the Wedding party happy.

8. JayHorn

JayHorn New Member

Hey Trevor
    Thats an amazing coincidence. We are looking for Sing Hosanna for our wedding in July. Can you get me it.
  9. T Winch

T Winch Member

You getting married?! Congratulations!! About time too. I don't approve of this living in sin business :wink:

I'll see what I can do.
  10. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

There is an awesome arrangement of this with Dallas Style Cornets in it. I have it on an International Staff Band CD - can't remember which one though.

11. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

That arrangement is 'Keep me Praising' by Andrew Mackereth, published by SP&S and recorded (I think) on Rennaissance by the ISB.

You're right, it is a good arrangement.
  12. PeterBale

. . . and it was the first piece played by SASWE at its inaugural rehearsal :oops:
  13. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Did it go well?
  14. PeterBale

If you're referring to the SASWE performance, we're still going strong after some 13 years! Next engagement at Newcastle City Temple, 2oth/21st October - missing the National Finals again.