Girls of Brass....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jostix, Dec 23, 2003.

1. jostix

jostix New Member

Any previous girls of brass out there ? I'm thinking of organising another girls of brass concert, as they went down a treat and As I've said previously, I'm looking to raise a lot of money for born free and the wilderness trust, who I am going to africa with next summer.
    Any of the organisers on here from the past few gigs ? If so, It would be great if anyone would get in touch to give me a hand. And any girls that would be interested in playing, thought maybe either Nick Childs or Dicky Boy Evans as the last ones as conductor.
    So yeah, anyone get in touch if any ideas or contacts to help me, Jill or Claire I remember organising loads for it all.
    Jocelyn x
  2. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'd be up for playing - flugel ideally or failing that rep/front row. I can also hit things quite well!

Rach x
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi Jocelyn.

I played sop at the Uppermill Civic Hall concert with Richard Evans. I and Allison Bonnar (Scottish Euph player) would be both interested in playing for Girls of Brass again, we were only talking about it a couple of weeks ago. Claire Shepherd I think organised stuff for it.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Heck.. I'd be interested in attending... :):):):) :wink:
  5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah it was Claire Shepherd and Gill Hammond (still playing for Glossop Band I believe)

US BT girlies'll be up for playing if you need us Joss :tup
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

hey Josey!
    Would love to help out... give me a bell if you need anything!
    (Got drum kit up with me now and my own car!) so, anything, let me know.

See you soon.
    Best wishes, and a happy christmas to you! :D
  7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Hi Jostix, this sounds great - dunno if you're looking for any new players, but I'd love to help out if you ever come "down South"
  8. jostix

jostix New Member

Blimey, only put that on a few hours ago and got all those replies already.
    Thats great news that theres people up for doing it.
    I'll have to try and get in touch with Claire, try and sort something out, I know she was pretty busy organising it before, but we'll try get something organised. All the previous jobs have been good fun and well attended, so Its all looking good. I have to raise my money by the beginning of may, so depending how quickly things get going in the new year, maybe one up north ish, and one further down south to try and suit people.
    Thanks for letting me know anyway, Anymore interested and let me know what you play etc.. and I'll let you know what I manage to get sorted.
  9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Ditto, mate.
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you're stuck, I'm sure Roger wouldn't mind turning out in his dress from the pantomime thread :oops:
  11. Di B

Di B Member

Heard about one of these concerts when I was with NCT a long time ago!

If you need a euphonium player, give us a shout!

One thing though, why a male conductor?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

12. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Why a female ocean liner?

It's TRADITION and you can't turn on tradition.....

......can you?
  13. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Indeed; there are a few women taking top section bands these days - I couldn't possibly start the list anywhere but with our conductor, Catherine Underwood, but there's also Lynda Nicholson with Besses, I think, and maybe one or two more?