Gig Bag's

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Smithy, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Hi There,

I'm currently looking for two gig bags, a euphonium and a trombone one.

I was wondering if anybody has a second hand one that they are willing to sell or knew of quite a cheap one that is if good quality.

If anybody with a trombone/euphonium gig bag would contact me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Cybone

Cybone New Member

Hi

Don't get a gig bag for your trombone. Get one of these: http://www.djmmusic.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=INC20-BK. Tiger black trombone case from DJM Music. It is a proper hard case but very lightweight. Perfect for large bore troms. Can't go wrong for £45.

3. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

I have a Ritter euph gig bag? If you're interested let me know.

4. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Sorry to gatecrash but can anyone tell me if the Tiger case above would fit a Rath R4F with a Hagmann valve?
    It looks like a great case for the money but when I've tried similar looking cases where the slide is stored in the lid, the valve has got in the way.
    Cheers.

5. Cybone

Cybone New Member

Hi Lucky Beaver

I have a Rath R4F with Hagmann valve and a Tiger case. The fit is absolutely perfect. They could have been made for each other. Honestly!. I can't praise the Tiger case highly enough. It is an absolute steal at the price.

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

How about a Rath R9 with independent Hagmanns? Bought one recently, and would like to store it something sturdier than the gig bag it's currently in...

7. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Thanks Cybone! Looks like I'll be treating myself then :)

8. Cybone

Cybone New Member

Hi Moomin

The R4F is a perfect snug fit. I would guess the R9 would be too big.

9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try if I ever run across one, but I suspect that'll be the way of it.

10. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Sorry to bump this thread up again but I bought one of these cases....ordered it before 2pm Weds and it arrived Thursday afternoon. It is as above, a great case, extremely light and my large bore Bb/F fits in no problem and is kept snug and secure, the pockets give plenty of storage space so nothing is rolling around inside.
    Just as a point of reference @MoominDave there is no way your R9 will fit in. I tried my standard Yamaha 613H and there was no way the bell section would fit.
    DJM have got these reduced as clearance now so now might be the last chance you get!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Gig Bag
    Hi There
    trombone
    euphonium gig bag
    gig bags
  12. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Anyone tried a Conn 88H (open wrap) in their Tiger case at all? Just wondering if it fits ok? Thanks.

13. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

My Yamaha is an open wrap and fits no problem

14. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

I have a Virtuosi gig bag for my euphonium - whilst I don't store it in there long-term, it's proved great (in terms of carrying/handling, protection and additional storage) on various teaching and playing gigs for several years now. If they're still available I'd certainly recommend it.

15. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Thanks Basstiger.

16. DRW

DRW New Member

My wife just took delivery of one of the Tiger cases on the basis that the verdict on here was that it would fit just about anything. Unfortunately it's too narrow for the body of her old, 'occasional' Besson International bass trom. I'd therefore check the body width before buying. The dimensions aren't on the website so a quick measure up shows 5" at the top end, increasing to 6.5" at the point just before the triggers where it opens out to 8".

It does look like a good quality case and is very lightweight so such a shame it wouldn't fit.

17. I've got a full leather (black) Reunion Blues trombone gig bag which I'd sell.
    It's a nice piece. One of the earlier ones, before they outsourced production to China & the quality dropped off a cliff.
    Takes up to 8.5" bell. I've used it occasionally for my Conn 8H & trad-wrap 88H with no problems whatsoever.
    It's hardly been used & apart from some slight wear on the handle edges the leather is unmarked.
    The inside is finished in crimson cloth & it & all the sponge padding are intact & unmarked. Accessory bag/shoulder strap etc. are all there & in great condition.
    There are a couple of black marks at the bottom of the inner slide-sleeve where there's been the odd stray drip & the leather has coloured the sleeve fabric, but that's really the only sign of use on it.
    New ones go for about £400 I think. If you're interested, make me an offer.
    FWIW I have experience of the Tiger cases too and for the price really can't fault them.