Gig Bag

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Smithy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Hello
    I am looking for a new gig bag to hold my trumpet/cornet. What i am after is a Reunion Blues 583 Double Trumpet 34, or one of the Roger Webster Alliance cases.
    If anyone knows of one that is being sold/knows of somewhere that sells them at a good price i would be grateful if you could reply to me.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/reunion_blues_583_double_trumpet_34_b_stock.htm so far this is the cheapest price i have!
    im also open to look for second hand cases, as long as they are not too worn!
    also willing to negotiate a price!
    Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gig bag
    somewhere
    one
    Reunion Blues 583
    price
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'd suggest the ProTec Double or even triple case. I carry a trumpet and cornet in a triple bag.mit has space for all the mutes and music pads.

4. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

Trust me, try one of the fusion range of gig bags. I've got the fusion F2 triple trumpet bag and its fantastic. The only bag you'll ever need.

http://youtu.be/eH2bxDJeyTo

Wayne

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Don't trust him. I had one of the Fusion bags and the zips fell apart after a few months. Had to restitch them all.

6. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Simple answer - don't buy a gig bag; it's not for nothing they are sometimes described as "an instrument repairer's dream" ...

For the best compromise between the reduced weight of of a gig bag and the added protection of a hard case, here's another vote for the Pro-tec cases.

7. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

I had the single cornet bag for 3 years without a problem except a little mud from cycling to work, if yours only lasted a couple of months, you obviously didn't look after it properly.
    Instead of restitching you should have contacted Fusion, their customer services are great and I'm sure they would have sorted another bag for you.

Oh well, I like mine!!

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

But that is a single bag. He asked about the triple, which mine was, and it was used as a triple, the stitching holding the zips came apart very quickly. They may have improved them since though, so I am just warning the original poster. And still recommend the ProTec cases.

9. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Another vote for Fusion

My wife has a Fusion Triple Trumpet bag and it is brilliant. Fits 3 instruments comfortably, or 2 instruments plus mutes, and associated accessories. There is also plenty of room for music on the side and then to top it all off there is a compartment on the top which fits one of the larger music stands!! Shoulder straps for carrying it on your back, what more could you ask for?We also have a spare one which is brand new in box which we are looking to sell if anyone is interested. £90 plus postage. I alsoi agree, their customer service is first class.We bought 2 originally, but I aquired a Marcus Bonna triple Leather number shortly after which I wouldn't swap for the world.Sorry to shoehorn a sales pitch in there but I couldn't resist......