Ghosts........ do you believe in them?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ann-Marie, Jan 30, 2004.

?

Do you believe in ghosts?

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. No

3.3%
  3. Unsure, would need something to convince me

2.6%
  1. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

I spent a night at the Kirkstone Pass Inn, Ambleside last weekend. The Inn is supposedly haunted although I didn't experience anything unusual on this occassion. I did however last September spend the night at Dudley Castle where I experienced a few strange things. I was just wondering if any of you have any stories (true ones!) about ghosts or any strange experiences you have had (preferably whilst sober!!!)?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Inn
    anything
    things
    ones
    experiences
  3. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

the idea of spooks and ghoulies is all very exciting.

i think (being boring and scientific now....yawn)that all ghosts and spirits and other supernatural things are caused by the parts of our brains that we don't understand and don't use.

but then again, a few years ago, my friends and i witnessed what we thought was a ghost-a benedictine monk near the church in our town. he floated along the street and in through the tall gates of the churchyard-it was dark! needless to say (as twelve year olds) we didnt follow to find out any more!!!

Carolyn
    flugel
    united co-op yorkshire

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

My local pub is haunted, there is a ghost that gets into the electrics and makes the lights flash a couple of times. It is well spooky and it really freaks the bar man out cos he starts throwing beer towels over the pumps, clearing up and making us all leave really quickly. Spooky or what :shock:

5. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I believe in ghosts!

I always watch Most Haunted (LivingTV) and ALWAYS watch Most Haunted Live!!!!!!!

Anyone see the newyear special?

7. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Love Most Haunted. Believe it or not I am still in the middle of watching the final part of the New Year one - did they find Dick Turpin?

I think one of the best Most Haunted episodes has to have been Brannigans in Manchester.

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If they do, I'm going to come back as the phantom of the French horn and haunt Wonky Baton! ;-) :) :)

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Sorry, don't believe in them in the slightest (except the ones in Harry Potter, nearly headless Nick...what a leg end :D )

10. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Agree! :lol:

11. Dan

Dan Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Inn
    anything
    things
    ones
    experiences
  13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I sort of believe in them, not in the "dead folks" sense but in the sense that buildings and areas can almost "record" things.

As a child I used to go to youth hostels with my family (cause they were cheap) and theres one on the edge of the forest of Dean called St Briavels which is an old Norman Castle. I was about 10 or 12 at the time and was staying in the dormatory at the bottom of one of the towers. I was in there with another lad I had met when one of the doors opened wide and slammed shut (and we're talking thick heavy wooden doors with springs and all) and there was no-one there. Anyway my dad walks in about 5 minutes later and we're still in shock. We tell him what happens and he thinks its someone walking past and having a laugh, any way the next year my Dads at the same place on a stop over and the same thing happens to another boy!.

There have been a few other weird things happen there as well. Cool place!.

http://www.yha.org.uk/make_booking/process/233.html

14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Believe it when I see it right in front of me, with my very own eyes... not a moment sooner

15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

I don't believe in them at all, though something appearing in front of me might change that stance. Trouble is that it's most likely to happen after a heavy drinking session and I probably wouldn't remember in the morning anyway :)

16. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

So, from one spirit to another, eh? ;-)

17. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

You got it! :D

18. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Similar to a lot of the others on here I wouldn't believe it till I saw it, and even then I would be more likely to think it was due to drunkeness or was a clever scam, or due to suggestion (if you know a place is rumoured to be haunted your more likely to think you see a ghost.)

19. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

I suppose this could be true. I have never clearly seen anything although I have caught things out of the corner of my eye. I too used to be sceptical but some things just can't be explained. I always find it more interesting to hear about sceptics who have had an experience that has changed their minds.

You never know when or where, so be warned Pythagoras :wink:

20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

nope, can't say i believe in any of that malarky... anything that was started in the middle ages, when water wasn't safe so they drank beer all day, can't be trusted!

21. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

We used to think that our drama studio was haunted, because its just a really creepy room and its always very cold! :lol: :lol:

22. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

I hope that I would still believe there was a rational explanation that just hadn't been found yet. There are many things now that can be explained by science that must have seemed supernatural or magical in the past but were merely unexplained.