Ghosties - Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Vickitorious, Jul 24, 2006.

?

Are they real?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Don't Know

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Gosh!..

Well, Kat has been staying round my house for the last few days, and we've taken to watching 'Most Haunted' at stupid hours of the morning, and a lot of it has really freaked us both out! So much that we daren't turn the lights off downstairs, and came running upstairs when we found that the kitchen door had opened itself! :eek:

Maybe I didn't close it to quite enough and it bounced back.. but still.. the slightest creak is enough to scare us at the moment!

After watching most haunted though, we still don't know what to believe?

Is it all set up and they get in good actors or is it all real? :confused:

Either way... we're sleeping with the light on tonight!! :rolleyes:

Vic and Kat xxx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Most Haunted
    Kat xxx
    Vic
    morning
    stupid hours
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I've got to say, after many, many encounters as a child, and a sense of 'something' as an adult, I do believe in the spirit world. However, I don't believe that 'Haunted' is real. I refuse to watch it because I think it is only there to do just what it has done to you! :frown: I believe it is certainly sensationalised just for the cameras! :eek:

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

This jury's still out. Definitely had some experiences as a child but nothing as an adult. Love to watch Most Haunted and Ghost Town though. Just cracks me up...
    BMB
    xx

5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'd have to say a big fat no from me. I don't believe in any of that at all!

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Open minded sceptic! I have had a few experiences, especially when I used to live in a 16th cetury Church Lodge with graves under the floorboards, but I always try and think of a rational explanation first. My wife is an avaid Most Haunted fan, but I get annoyed by the mass hysteria whenever Yvette hears a creaky floorboard in the night. IT'S JUST A CREAKY FLOORBOARD!

However, my sceptical mind cannot explain the old lady at the end of my bed when I was a child! I lived next door to a village school (in the School House) and the caretaker and headmistress have seen her too :eek: .

7. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I watch Most Haunted religiously every week and do beleive that tere is something out there. I have also been on a ghost hunt with the Gloucestershire Paranormal Research Group and although on that occassion nothing much happened they have caught some rather strange events in Woodchester Mansion.

So yes I think most thing on the programme can be explained but alot of thing have been caught (mainly Sounds) that you would need to make your own mind up about

Still Great Programme

8. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I don't really believe in them but I can understand why people would... I watched Most Haunted and laughed at it, they hardly show any real evidence, and none of it is stuff that couldn't be made with good effects

9. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I like watching most haunted for entertainment value :) I think the best one i've watched is when they were at the Jamacia Inn in Cornwall, that place is definately haunted!

As for own experiences, the thought of it petrifies me. I've never seen anythuing, and wouldnt want to.....(tho when i was little my mum used to find me talking to someone on my bedroom a lot......but hopefully that was just an imaginary friend!!)
    Last summer i worked at a really old (like 500 years +) thatched pub down on the creek whcih is notourisly ridden with ghost stories, On sundays i would run the upstairs resturant (i was too scared to in the evenings!) and on my last sunday there i definatly felt something brush past/walk into me. It was horrible but the sensation was really strong despite there being no windows open so it couldn't have been the wind etc. I didnt like it! Am sticking with Tesco's this summer.......No Ghosts in sight just annoyign customers! :)

10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

So do you prefer customers to ghosts? I would ahve thought that the undead are more exciting!

11. sugarandspice

I never said i like customers! I just really really don't like the thought of ghosts!
    There you go then people- no coming back and haunting kelly!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Most Haunted
    Kat xxx
    Vic
    morning
    stupid hours
  13. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Ok point taken! Personally I love spooky things as long as I'm not alone!

14. sugarandspice

I just scare myself stupid over the smallest things! I dont think i'd ever be able to live on my own, even in a brand new house!

Over the years we have brought a lot of houses that were lived in by old people until they died. The thought of them dying in the house used to freak me out, even tho we totally renavated the whole house! But i'm still the same now, and we live in a brand new house that no one has ever lived in before, let alone died in! I just hate it!

15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Wow that IS scared!
    But I remember being freaked out a while ago, I was looking after a neighbour's cat and things kept changing, like lights going on and off when I wasn't there, sounds like footsteps, and one day I was really rushing and I noticed cat sick (eww), didn't have time so went back a little later to clear it up and it had totally disappeared. I never went back to that house!

16. sugarandspice

Yep, thats me, just a big scardy cat! :(
    My Aunty reckons she had a Poltergeihst thing that would keep moving things around the house, interfered with the babys cot once, she found a carriage clock on the floor by the mantle piece, tho it had to have been placed there, as if it fell it would have broke and the strangest........she moved house and it seemed to move with her. her video used to do random things like turn on and off when ever it wanted (i know people would argue it was a design fault" But she got so cross when it happened in her new house she shouted "if you have followed me here then you can *explitive* right off back cos im fed up etc etc" with that the video turned off and she never had anymore problems. All a bit random i know!

My gran has the strangest story tho, not sure it was ghost or just unexplained!
    When she was a little girl, just after the war she did a milk round. She went to one house, dropped the milk as as she was walking out of the gate she bumped into a man, fully dressed in a really smart grey and balck suite. he seemed to just dissapear so she didnt think much of it and carried on.
    When she first met my grandad years later he was wearing what seemed to be exactly the same as the figure she had seen outside the house, looked just like it. and even stranger, the house where it happene turned out to be the house they lived in when they got married.

All very strange!

17. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

That is creepy!
    My friend used to believe in ghosts until I pointed out that there was no grave behind my garden... it was just a fallen tree that ended up covered in earth... lol

18. sugarandspice

Quite recently i had the pleasure of staying in a Mansion of a Hotel, it was lovely! and seemed to be all done out Victorianly (kellyism!) but i even got freaked out then in the dark. It had those old pictures which i really didnt like! I had to put all the frames face down cos it felt like they were looking at me! *stop laughing!*

19. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Aww! That's funny! I have to sleep with my door shut because otherwise I have a window right in front of me, the door and the hall window to my left and a mirror reflecting all this to my right. And I have to make sure that curtains are shut completely otherwise i think there will be a burglar!

20. sugarandspice

I have to sleep with no light in my room these days other wise i cant get to sleep- but i still sometimes have to turn my light on if i get freaked out! However when it comes to going to bed i cant walk thru a dark room eg the livving room, hall or landing, i have to turn the light on, turn the next light on and go back and turn the first light off. cant stand beign in total darkness walking thru the house.

21. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I can walk in total darkness but if the rest of the house is totally silent it freaks me out rather a lot! The funniest spooky thing that happened to me was a few months ago. I was reading 'the Vanished' by Celia Rees (loved it, actually a scary book) and there was this part about some kidnapped kids who turned into monsters or something and they were knocking on the walls of the sewer. bearing in mind that this was at about 1 in the morning and the house was totally silent i wasn't too scared. then my next door neighbour went to bed and i could hear something knocking on the wall! I jumped up SO fast! lol

22. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I'll believe it when I see it....

(so, it's a NO, if you were wondering)