Getzen Eterna Cornets?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rapier, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Anyone know what these are like? I might bid for one on Ebay but not too sure whether to go after a Sovereign.
  2. flower girl

flower girl Member

hi, i've heard different opinions about the getzen eterna, some like it, some hate it, i personally liked it when i had a blow on one last month, but i've got a sovereign n i prefer it.
  3. thelawyer

thelawyer New Member

I had a copper bell eterna for a number of years before switching to a sovereign. Not a bad cornet but it doesn't have as warm a sound as a sovereign. It really depends what you are after in a cornet at the end of the day.
  4. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I played on one for a while before my sop days, hated the thing, played like it had a meat pie stuck in it, however this may have been the particular instrument, and could quite possible have really had a meat pie stuck in it! U could really do with trying before you buy.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

I've got two eternas (one short travel, one long travel) and whilst they are nice instruments I would agree that they can sound a bit fluffy. My sovereign sounds cleaner.
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I played one for a number of years back in the 90s and I personally liked it. No guarantee it's going to be any good, but I liked it! ;)
  7. Moy

Moy Active Member

Was my first ever cornet - great waterkeys!!!!!
    Brighter cornet sound than the traditional cornets we play in UK.