Getting Some Stick!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Highams, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Highams

Highams Member

Charley Brighton swaps he beloved Euphonium for the baton for a few weeks when he takes over as Conductor of the BBC Elstree Concert Band at Maida Vale for their next concert.

With the recent retirement of Mike Crisp, after an amazing 20 years, Charley is taking the band through it's busy Autumn schedule whilst the final auditions are organised.

"It's good to be back in the middle again. Whilst concentrating on my Euphonium recitals, I never realised how much time had past. When I last conducted, I was taking 3 bands, Burnham Concert (Berkshire), Vale Symphonic Winds (Wendover) and the innovative New River Winds in London."

The concert is in St. Jame's Church, Muswell Hill, and in aid of the North London Hospice on October 14th.

Charley will also be sharing the platform at the bands Christmas Concert in Borehamwood, with Associate Conductor Roger Greenwood. Mike Crisp is hosting the event and will no doubt be asked to return to the rostrum once again.

More details (and live recordings) can be found at;
  2. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I guess congratulations are in order ... ?? Being the music director of our Community Band I can say that once behind the stick you seem to get less and less time on the mouthpiece side of the instrument and more and more on the bell side of a plethora of instruments.

Congrats in any manner ... I am sure under your baton the band will continue to grow and improve.

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice one Charlie - I wish you the best of luck with this though you won't need it.
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Well done charley! is amn amazing feat! youj really deserve it! bein mg my taecher for like a year i can say taht's hes' an amazing person and an amazing teacher tooo! good lukc - you'll be ace! :)

ebn :D
  5. Highams

Highams Member

Thanks Ben, cheques in the post ! (lol)