Getting Show Jobs?!?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cjconnor24, Jun 8, 2005.

1. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Does anyone know how to go about getting jobs is shows....i.e. musicals, plays.... wotever.....even if it was amateur productions?!

I’m based in Glasgow and I have no idea how you would go about something like that!!

Any advice would be appreciated!!

(i’m a trumpeter by the way:p )

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Try getting to know who is regularly doing the gigs in the area and ask to dep., if possible, for them. For most of the shows, the same circle of players tend to do the jobs.

(athough there are a few, one of the more regular players is HERE!)

TIMBONE Active Member

That is good advice from brassneck. I MD shows and pantos in Greater Manchester. Another suggestion is to find out who books the musicians, contact the local musical societies and try and find out if they have an orchestral secretary, and also who the MD's are. I have booked a couple of players who contacted me this way. Also, find out who the regular trumpet players are for the shows in your area, and contact them.
  4. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Thanks allot for your advice, I really appreciate it! :tup

I'm only seventeen, and as you can imagine it is extremely hard to find work, especially in the fields I love to play in! (Jazz, musical productions) :p however, I do feel I am up to the job! been having a look around on the net for Scottish music societies n stuff but unfortunately there is not allot around :p but I will carry on looking!!:biggrin:

Thanks Again for All your help