Getting bits of the body removed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigcol, Oct 20, 2004.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

I watched wor lass get both big toe nails removed today. Fascinating.

Anyone else had or seen minor body parts removed for medical reasons?
  2. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

ewwwwwww Trust you col!!! i was gonna have my Curry,

Talking about body parts, my friend worked at a butchers and cut off his fingers when looking a girl walking past and didnt watch where he was chopping.
  3. six pints

six pints Active Member

one tooth and a little mole. my sister had plastic surgery on her nose, not removed but still very funny to me!
  4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

My wife had surgery to remove a cyst in her abdomen, with the result being that her navel was removed.
  5. bigcol

bigcol Member

Oh now that's a radical side effect!! Do you think she could claim tax relief for an unemployed belly button?:-D
  6. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

not removing anything but ive always wanted to break a bone in my body. any bone im not picky
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

They were talking on the radio this morning (World Service) to the climber who had to amputate his own arm in order to survive, and he was saying that he realsied he would have to break his arm - in two places - before he would be able to cut it off with the small knife he had with him :shock:
  8. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

lovely. i was thinking more accidently breaking something and maybe keeping my arm
  9. Excuse me whilst I go and vom.....
  10. dyl

dyl Active Member

You at Pontins already? ;)
  11. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

When I was out in the Gulf as a part of a medical unit, I watched an Iraqi civilian having his appendix removed!! What surprised me was how quick it was and how small an incision the docs made. Saw some gruesome bullet wounds too!!
  12. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I've had three ingrown toenails and tw owisom teeth removed..all under local anesthetic (I don't care to under).

I also ahd some intestine removed as a I only have a semi-colon ;)
  13. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

My appendix went a couple of years ago but i can assure you that the surgeons incision ain't all that small! About 4 1/2" to be exact!! :-( not nice!

I also had an extra bone growing out of my foot which has now been removed also! :-D
  14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not nearly as gross as cutting off your own arm, but the doctor took the (1) stitch out too soon when I had a mole removed from my elbow. I got back to work, got out of the car and swung my bag over my shoulder. Cue massive spurt of blood as inadequately healed wound burst. Drove back to doctors surgery at speed, dripping blood all over my poor car and shouted at doctor and nurse.
    Now have rather unpleasant botched scar as a result of the (4) stitches needed to sew me back up again.

I also have a premanently broken scafoid, with a little bit floating around inside my wrist. I can feel pressure changes and bad weather, just like an old fart.
  15. ive only ever been sick at pontins once... ran round this little discreet corner, threw my guts up... finally got a more focused vision, and opened my eyes to see 2 pairs of feet :-D gradually lifted my head higher to see a man and woman having a good old sneaky grope... wearing my sick on their shoes :-D If that was you, and ur reading this... SORRY!!!!!
  16. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Me too!! I got well P***** off when I was 8 cos my best friend broke her arm, I tried everything but never managed to break anything!!!:-?