Get on with it, man!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Gnats Crotchet, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Am I alone in thinking that when an adjudicator gets to his feet to speak at a contest, what I want to hear is some insightful comments about the performances he has just heard, swiftly followed by the results? Nothing more, nothing less.

At the regional contest in Swansea last Saturday we were treated to a long speech about the adjudicators home town in Yorkshire. I'm not talking about thirty seconds here, it went on for several minutes, and the groans around the hall were audible. To make matters worse, some of it was just nonsense - for example explaining a theory that if you draw lines through all the brass bands in the country they all have to intersect at Holmfirth. No they don't! You can draw lines between co-ordinates on a map in all sorts of ways, what a load of old tosh!

We've worked hard at rehearsals for weeks, and are eager to hear the results, 'GET ON WITH IT...PLEASE...PRETTY PLEASE'!

To illustrate my point I have singled out one contest here, but there have been other times when I've heard something similar.

Now, to be fair some adjudicators are very good at making brief, relevant comments, but for the others, here is a proposal:

1) The front row of seats during the results ceremony shall be reserved
    2) One of these seats shall be allocated to each band
    3) Each band shall nominate the person in their band who is generally thought to be the most sporty, and with with the best hand-to-eye co-ordination
    4) The aformentioned sporty persons shall sit in the reserved seats
    5) Underneath each seat shall be placed a box
    6) In each box shall be placed a juicy selection of rotten fruit and vegetables...

(dislodge tongue from cheek...)
  2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

forget the results ! Its who has won the raffle that we really want to know !
  3. Well, I know who won the waffle!
  4. Ianroberts

who ? who ? who ? who ?
  5. Well I'm going to tell you, but first I have a few anecdotes about my home town...
  6. Ianroberts

Cardiff !! its a flea pit mate, a dog there with 2 ears is lost !

now who won the bl00dy raffle !

7. Well it's a blue ticket and...fleas did you say? Now here are some fascinating facts you might not now about fleas...
  8. Ianroberts

I stayed in a hotel in Cardiff once, the room was so damp I had to pull the bed away from the wall, by morning the cockroaches had pushed it back ! BOOM BOOM !

Now who won that bl00dy raffle
  9. Just hang on to your tickets a bit longer while I tell you about the fledgling movie industry which existed in my village when Hollywood was still barren farmland...
  10. I think we might have moved a liitle bit away from the point here - or maybe that IS the point of this post?
  11. Ianroberts

sod the raffle, ‚Äčtheres a blue Volvo blocking me in now !
  12. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Thread of the Year! :)
  13. Ianroberts

Who's is the bl00dy Blue Volvo !!!!!!!!!!!
  14. mattthebass

mattthebass Member

Sony boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll be back in a minute he's just in the t'internet cafe setting up a new account!;)
  15. Ianroberts

it bl00dy would be !
  16. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I don't wish to encourage you guys, but... :clap::clap::clap:
  17. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

"Can anyone pick up from The Red Lion in ten minutes?"

Oh 5hit! The radio mike's on the same frequency as the local taxi rank again...
  18. Ianroberts

you'll never get through that traffic in 10 minutes !!

Is it his bl00dy Volvo thats blocking me in ?