Get info on funding!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by peterg, May 10, 2011.

1. peterg

peterg Member

If you are looking for funding for your band projects, special events, equipment etc, come along to Walton Village hall (the old schoolroom) School lane, off Wetherby road, Walton, Wetherby LS23 7DW on Saturday 21st May, starting at 2pm.

The Yorkshire & Humberside BBA are holding an open meeting for all to attend. ANYONE can come along to find out what funds are available to help your band.

Presented by Terry Luddington, BFBB Liaison Officer. "5M funding and more MADness for Brass Bands...." will give you the information you need that hopefully will lead you to success.

Come along, ask the questions! This event is not just for association members, it is open to any band representatives to come along and find out what funding opportunities are avalable.

Hope to see you there.

2. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

With information available on 5 million funding available to bands who can afford not to attend this meeting ?

It's open to every band so why not come along - all it cost it a bit of effort to get there - you've nothing to lose and perhaps a lot to gain.

Look forward to seeing you there

3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What an excellent and informative afternoon of information for the people that attended. I would say that I was surprised to note that funding is available from the Arts Council now and some other excellent suggestions for bands to tap in to. Some very simple options too which will get money into your bands bank balance. Have a look at the Mad4band website that Terry Luddington is working on.

Was well worth the trip to Wetherby and a lovely cuppa coffee (thankyou Peggy) :clap:
  4. Columbo

Columbo Member

I would like to add that, tonight we played our 1st ever Patrons Concert. Having instigated this at Golborne, I am pleased to say it was a huge success. Very hard work by lots of people but this will continue and definitely help us to be self funded and with help from small sponsorships should secure the financial future of the band.

Thanks must go to Hebden Bridge Band who sparked the interest and having followed the model it works! Anyone on here who would like to speak to me in regards to helping with information and ideas that have worked, please feel free to contact me on here and I'll be only too glad to share.

Its essential that we are proactive in helping ourselves and our friends in other bands in addition to all the above funding ideas through organisations etc. to keep the movement bouyant (?) and lets see less bands fall by the wayside due to the unfortunate times many of us are experiencing. The offer is there. Please take it in the manner it is intended.