German Trip To Brewery Town!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by alexandria, Jun 5, 2006.

1. alexandria

alexandria Member

Coronation Brass is looking forward to its annual trip to Germany as the sole British representatives at the European Folklore Festival in the brewery town of Bitburg . There are a few vacancies left around the stands for this year's line up and we would be particularly interested to hear from cornet, horn, euphonium/baritone and Eb bass players who would like to join the fun.

The band meets a German coach at Dover and the dates for the trip are July 6th - 12th 2006. This year, the final day excursion will be to the vibrant city of Trier. There is a long history behind British Brass Bands visiting Bitburg and the week consists of several informal performances to large audiences. Contact Max Joseph on 07788 856777 or Nick Jones on 07811 946826 for further information. Alternatively e-mail us at coronationbrass@hotmail.com or visit www.coronationbrass.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Trip To Brewery Town
    German
    Bitburg
    British
    Max Joseph
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Alex, the site is currently unavailable.

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

It's working for me now....

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Can't speak for the town or the destination, but Bitburger Pils is wonderful stuff - it has to be worth it just for that! Just wish I could get the time off work :(

"Bitte ein Bit!" ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  6. alexandria

alexandria Member

Bitburg

Bear with us, we are trying to sort it out. If you are interested keep trying site, we are having a few technical problems but we are still contactable via email or mobile.

Bitburg is a great place and the beer flows. Ribena schnapps is a nice drink to compliment the beautiful pils. Maybe next time Dave!

7. Coronation Brass

Coronation Brass New Member

Apologies for downtime - The site will be working very soon, but in the meantime use www.coronationbrass2006.com

Nick Jones
    Webmaster - coronationbrass.com

8. Timpking

Timpking Member

This is a crackin' trip. The beer is splendid the music is as naff as it gets and the band is always superb. No pressure fun at it's best!:guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness

9. baribari

baribari Member

agreed - a great trip away. if you can drink, you'll be ok.
    (cant go as I am in Praque in July and moving to New Zealand in August, so funds are a bit tight)

I remember Dai Twm swimming (front crawl) on the floor in the LampShcun at 4.00am whilst Max was DJing behind the bar, playing 80's cheese - very surreal, but perfectly normal at the time.

The Hustle is a fabulously under-rated piece of music.

would recommend it to anyone - great trip, great beer and very friendly people (even the germans) - but dont fall asleep on the ferry, it can be a little embarassing.:eek: