German Evening

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Straightmute, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Harrogate Band invite you to a German Evening, to be held in the Bandroom oops I mean Harmoniekeller on Saturday 5th April.

A live German oompah band, frankfurters, German quiz and copious quantities of flowing frothy bier are guaranteed.

There won't be any atonal music - sorry James - at least not intentionally.

All this to raise money, have a good time and learn how to order bier in German ahead of our forthcoming concert tour at Easter.

Send me a private message for more details, or see

2. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

is that really bandroom in german? how do you say it?

it's a bit of a coincidence that it is spelt almost like it should be said "harmonykiller"!
  3. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

Keller means cellar, and Harmonie mens in german actually a Windband, but in this case music-cellar....
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

will i have to wear leaderhosen?
  5. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

naturally, otherwise you may not go there
    :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness
  6. Straightmute

The band will contain floten und klarinetten so I felt that 'harmonie' would be ok. Also we rehearse in a cellar...

Unless you want to come as a pretty young frauline.

I understand that cornetgirl is coming as a penguin. Do they have penguins in Germany, Rach?

7. LU-Brasser

LU-Brasser Member

Pfui flutes and clarinets as terrible...
  8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Photo! Photo!
  9. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Are you sure its not just a very small nun
  10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Actually....more like a wigless Morticia - tis the same outfit only accompanied by meine Bratsche!!!! And arriving late.....Mr. Mute will not be impressed!

Could be worse...could be Penelope Pitstop!

Rach x
  11. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

And now I'm worried..... what're you wearing oh Herr MD?????? The thought of you in a dress with blonde pigtails is *bleurghhhhh*...

Sorry.....I had to throw up then....I'm now feeling VERY disturbed!

Rach x
  12. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

But you can only be a pretty youg frauline if you have blonde pigtails oh and the other pre requisit is Gingham
  13. Straightmute

Had the first (and last!) rehearsal of the Oompah Band last night. Sounded OK, even without the accordian...

Spent 20 minutes working on the music and 2.5 hours sorting out what we're all going to wear and where to put the bar...

Herr Dampfer
  14. Straightmute

15. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

This is promising to be a must-see event!

Not only an authentic band but our MD in gingham and blonde pigtails!! I can hardly wait...I'm making the effort and charging across Harrogate from a refined concert given by the Harrogate Symphony Orchestra to experience this, so I call on all dedicated tMPers to make that little extra effort!!!

Rach x
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

sorry... chronic cba commands that i am doing my hair...

we have beer keller nights in our common room a lot... always a great nite.. good luck
  17. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I have homebrew! and am in canterbury for the event unfortunately!
  18. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Im expecting photographic evedence of the gingham MR Mute.
  19. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Don't worry Gareth... I'm sure there will be plenty of cameras there to catch men in gingham with pigtails and string playing penguins!

And as for being in Canterbury....what a pathetic excuse!!! :wink:

Rach x