George Foreman Grills

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

How class are these, the ultimate lazy man's way of cooking, just put your meat or whatever on, leave it for 10 mins go back and its ready :p

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    George Foreman Grills
    :P
    ultimate lazy man
    way of cooking
    class
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

'George Foreman Grills' - what an excellent name for a talk show! Get GF to interview politicians and some of these plastic pop stars - a sure-fire ratings winner!

Sorry to steal your topic Andy, ummmmmm, yes the grills are good! :oops:

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Great for warming your socks on a cold day too!

I acknowledge Vis's "Top Tips" for this nugget.

5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

But with all the grease and fat that runs out of a GF grill, would you want your nice clean socks on it??

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

The other idea for a TV show is 'George Foreman Grills' whereby the lardy ex-boxer is stuck on a skewer and rotated in front of an open fire.

Come on you TV execs. This one's a sure fire winner

;-)

7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

The essential student kitchen appliance. I couldn't live without my "george", you can cook almost anything in it, although i have yet to succesfully manage a Fried Egg!! The combined higher heat and extra weight means a higher quality cheese toastie can be created than with a conventional toastie maker.

And the best bit? Thanks to Co-Op staff vouchers, mine cost me the princely sum of £3.50.

Bargain.

8. missflugel

missflugel Member

George is a revolution. I would be lost without mine. In our house we have 2 for ease of cooking and multiple meals.
    George saved me from many a rough hangover during my 2nd year allowing for the cooking of sausage and bacon all at once to create the greatest sandwich.

Jo x

9. Tone deaf and mute

Tone deaf and mute New Member

Wasn't George Foreman the man who played the banjo? I thought he was just an entertainer, did he create the grille or was it just named after him?!

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

He was a boxer (was a world champion heavyweight in 1973-74 and again in the late 80s I think!). Most famous fight (I think!) was the 'rumble in the jungle' with Muhammad Ali in 1974 which Ali won.

I guess it was named after him, like the discussion on another thread regarding the Stylophone and Rolf Harris!

11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Didn't he write "When I'm grilling burgers", and "Grilling by a lamp-post at the corner of the street"?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    George Foreman Grills
    :P
    ultimate lazy man
    way of cooking
    class
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As well as 'The Grill From Ipanema'.....

14. PeterBale

It certainly adds a different dimension to the genuine George Formby song "I like bananas - because they have no bones" :wink:

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yeah, can you imagine George Formby advertising the grill?

'Burned out nice again!' ;-)

16. Miss Presley

Miss Presley Member

Hail the George hardly a day goes by when I don't use mine

is anyone's else's non-stick black stuff coming off their's though :?:

17. PeterBale

I thought it was " Boys from the black stuff" :shock: :wink: :lol:

18. groovy

groovy Active Member

Hail George! The thing is legendary! Mine can fit approx 15 sausages in it....genius.

19. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

And the good thing is that it's healthy too! Gets rid of all that nasty fat.

20. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

It's great for heating up the maggots for the fishing, just after you've taken them out of the fridge. The wife just loves me. :D

21. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Personally I like the fat and grease... burger vans are my friends... however, maybe one day I'll try one of these crazy things... one day when I have money to burn, clearly...

22. We use ours all the time! But its an Anthony Worrall Thompson one so its probably not quite the same!