Geoffrey, Bungle, George, Zippy (and Rod, Jane and Freddy)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

2. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Great, now we get to see it!! :D :D

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

what? what's so funny...??

:roll:

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Who said anything about it being funny? :roll: :roll:

5. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Absolutely brilliant. I'd heard about this one but hadn't seen it until now. It's now on its way round my Dodgy Jokes distribution list :D

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

brilliant :p :p :p

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm shocked! :wink:

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, there's a first! You understood it! Only going by what you've said before... (and I'm only jokin'! ;-) :))

9. Di

Di Active Member

I don't believe it. :shock:

10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

He He :D Paint the whole world with a Rainbow.... Well paint your twanger anyway. Great stuff

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Zippy
    Jane and Freddy
    glory
    yellow button
    sound
  12. Di

Di Active Member

And your friend's if he'll let you! :shock: :wink:

13. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

hehehe :lol:
    That's even better than the Magic Roundabout ep. with Florence's special technique for making sugar canes grow! :wink:

14. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Is that serious. I think that wins the prize for most inuendos(sp?) in a short space of time. I've got a video of Rainbow from when i was little, I may have to find and check it was suitable.

15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

No way!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Have you seen Bungle's......." Superb!

Are you sure this isn't some TV industry wind-up though?

16. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

twang away my friends!

KEK :twisted:

17. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

'twang' wheres blondie when you need to embarrass him!

18. drinkalot

drinkalot Member

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Can believe that was actually shown, are you sure they haven't changed the script for that clip!!!!!!! :D :D

19. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

That episode was genuinely broadcast, and has achieved legendary status in the annals of childrens tv. Still no idea how the heck they managed to get away with it though!

20. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

No, it WASN'T broadcast.

Here's the story...

Rude Rainbow
    We're often asked about the so called rude Rainbow, clips of which have been shown on the Channel Four programmes, TV Unzipped and TV Offal. Although often introduced as the unaired pilot, this episode was actually specially made by the team at Thames Television. Geoffrey Hayes told us, "The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn’t an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don’t know. But I never saw the video. I can’t remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana." The script was written by the voice of Zippy and George; Roy Skelton.

21. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I did (he says being wise after the event) suspect it was never actually broadcast (after all, I have seen some 'Christmas tapes' of a very well known broadcasting company of stuff they wouldn't dare show!). It's still entertaining fun, though (well, for me, anyway!)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Zippy
    Jane and Freddy
    glory
    yellow button
    sound