Geneva Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by adrian90s, Jun 14, 2010.

1. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

I've just had a loan week on the new Geneva Euphonium, and what a remendous step forward it is.
    The sound is tremendous, with full low and middle register, after 2 weeks holiday and just a couple of days practice this instrument made me sound as though i'd never been away!
    Production of quiet notes is really comfortable and slurred octaves are easily done without the 'ghost' notes inbetween. Try just a couple of hymn tunes on this instrument, perhaps a phrase the octave up/down and it really is easy, putting it back in the case is the hardest part!
    The high register sounds full, but my limited practice prevented me aiming to achieve what this instrument is really capable of.

The build quality is superb, with a trigger that is as good as a trombone movement. All the finishing is to a high standard where you know it will stand the test of time. As with the best manufacturers, you can have a 'bespoke' spec to the instrument. I'm assured that they will listen to most requests, even mine!

Would I buy one? .........in an instant!

Will she let me? ...........Thats the hardest part.

Adrian Nurney (Yorks. Imps)

ps I have no connection with the company, but my best former student has!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Geneva Euphonium
    instrument
    middle register
    high register sounds
    couple of days
  3. Splitzer

Splitzer Member

I've not heard of them - do they make double Bb's?
    I used to realy rate Stirling Instruments, but then the new Besson won me over. I'm wondering now if these Geneva thingys might do the trick once they make a full band set.

4. DutchEupho

DutchEupho New Member

I’ve had the same experience a while ago and ordered a symphony euphonium on the spot. What kind of options did that euphonium you tried have? Heavy caps, leadpipe soldered of/on bell?

Kindest regards,
    Tim Messerschmidt

5. FeistyFlugel

FeistyFlugel New Member

Glad you like the new Euph, a lot of work has gone into this instrument. All enquires and band and personal trials most welcome and arranged.

Many thanks:clap:

Richard
    richard@genevaistruments.com
    07825 730318

6. Highams

Highams Member

I had the chance to play an early version of this recent addition, and whilst I thought it was not really for me, I'm sure it will be very popular. It was obvious that a lot of time had been spent on the production & design of this Euphonium.

Richard could not have been more helpful.

CB