Geneva euph

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pyman71, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Pyman71

Pyman71 Member

Hiya to all

I currently play a band owned Yam642 and on the lookout for a new euph.
    Does ne1 have experience with the geneva euph made by genevatrumpet based at Skelton, if so what are they like to play? I have seen the prototype at peterlee but I was unable to try it:(
  2. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Having talked to Tim on Sunday at Peterlee you can arrange for him to come out to your band and bring various different instruments for you to have a try. Might be an option for you?
    They seem happy to help as much as possible.
  3. nickeastwood

nickeastwood New Member

I got the privilege to play a geneva baritone as part of shepherds band, and i have to say that it was possibly the nicest thing i've ever played! Was just a shame about the player behind it! Although never having played the geneva euph, i've certainly heard it. I'm quite convinced that it's the best sounding euphonium that you're going to find out there. It sounds so mellow and godly, as well as being really responsive. Tim i believe can change the instrument to your specification as well, so that you're going to be really happy with it.

Certainly if you're considering getting one, go for it. Tim's a great instrument maker and his instruments are extremely commendable.
  4. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Thanks Tim.