Gear: Gig Bag

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Aidan, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:lol: :wink:

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have one for my trombone, got it from ebay. Only problem is I have to remove the tuning slide from my F attachment to get it in! Bloody open wrap!

3. I am interested in getting a gig bag for my trombone, and i like the idea of being able to fit mutes/music/stand/kitchen sink etc. in.... :D
    The www.gigbags.com site is not working at the moment, but I would really just like to know approximately how much I would expect to pay for a decent one, or maybe what to look out for on ebay!

Thanks!

4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Don't do it :!: soft gig bag + trombone slide = recipie for disaster. I know a few repairers who won't touch a trombone if you take it in to them in a gig bag. They reckon it's a waste of time cos you'll only be back in a week or two with another dent. Stick with a hard case, it may be more cumbersome but it's cheaper in the long run

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hmmm, doesn't that mean more business for them though? :roll: :wink:

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

these gig bags are actually amazingly well protected actually... slide goes in a hard padded sheath, inside the gig bag which has high density padding so it's pretty safe!

I think their about £80 in shops, but on ebay I got mine for £50 inc p/p so that's the best place to look.

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I was going to say thast most trom gig bags bury the slides in that much padding, it's almost impossible to dint it!

Sometimes a gig bag is a good idea, but not for every occasion. For example, use it around town, but put the instrument back in the hard case for out of town trips.

A tip a tuba player friend gave me. When packing for contests, put the tuba in the hard case, pack your luggage in the soft case. Tuba gets to distaination safely, unpack yuour clothes in a motel room, and start travelling with soft case again!

8. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I want one of these gig bags, especially after birmingham, but i didn't know where to get one from so cheers.

9. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

Has anyone else had a problem with the trombone gig bag where the slide pocket is tearing. I bought mine on ebay and asked before buying if it would fit a King 4B. They said it would but the slide pocket is a very tight fit and doesn't seem up to the job.

Apart from that I am pleased with it, though.

Tromgod