GBBA Annual Own Choice Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by davethehorny, Jul 23, 2007.

1. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Entry forms for the Gloucestershire Brass Band Association Own Choice - March and Test Piece Contest are now available.

The contest will be held on the 14th of October at the College Theatre, Five Acres, Coleford, Gloucestershire.

This years adjudicator for all sections will be Simone Ribello.

Entry forms can be downloaded now from the events page of the GBBA website.

www.gbbaonline.org

2. yoshi77

yoshi77 Member

Should be another good contest this year again. Excellent choice of adjudicator Dave.

3. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

Looking foward to being at the contest this year, its always a good day and this year there's the added bonus of the bar being open.

4. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Yes - I forgot to mention the bar will be open!

At least it will give us all somewhere to celebrate/drown our sorrows (delete as applicable) after the contest.

Come on contest secretaries - get your entries posted!!!! :tup

5. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Don't forget all contest secretaries who have not yet entered - closing date for entries is the 31st of August.

Looking forward to a good turn out and some great competition!:clap:

(and don't forget the bar will be open)

6. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Well with the very poor entries in section B,
    you are sure to be in the top 3:D

Good luck to all bands especially Cheltenham in section C

7. yoshi77

yoshi77 Member

Knowing our luck Cyndy we will probably end up 4th!

8. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Wow, what a huge line up!

With Bream playing in 2 sections, that's 13 bands entering!

9. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Now Josh that is not the attitude:p Anyway people always tell me its not the winning its the taking part!!!! :-? (who they kidding)

10. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Well, hopefully will be one more band for the youth/unregistered section at the entertainments contest next year! Should be an announcement on tmp, 4barsrest and the GBBA website very soon.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    GBBA Annual Own Choice Contest Entry
    Gloucestershire Brass Band Association Own Choice
    Test Piece Contest
    Gloucestershire
    Five Acres
  12. QAD

QAD Member

Oh the poor planning, just realised that by entering two sections we have seriously reduced our time in the bar :redface: doh!

13. QAD

QAD Member

Sounds interesting, the more the merrier (is that how you spell it?)

14. davidaus

davidaus New Member

Its not so much the taking part you need the mental attitude to think as winner. If you think like a winner your more likely to win - which doesn't mean arrogance either. No one remembers who comes second.

Good Luck on Sunday, Cyndy. :)

15. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Thank you davidaus, and see you soon:wink:

16. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

I am really excited as it will be the first contest that the new Forest of Dean Area Youth Brass Band will be competing in (have a look at the User Submitted news page for more information), although I suspect it will be more scary conducting than playing is for me.

17. QAD

QAD Member

C'mon Kiz,
    Conducting isn't as scary as playing - you even get to have your back to the audience the whole time...
    And first contest with a new band - no pressure (well not much any way)...
    Good luck

18. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Exactly - back and Bum! Now that is a scary thought!!!! It'll be great anyway.
    Playing this weekend at the testpiece contest so will be watching the conductors with interest whilst listening.

At least we don't have to introduce the pieces ourselves - that would scare me off completely!

best of luck to Bream this weekend.

19. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

Good luck on on the new band kris, is it right that you'll be dusting off the old sop for sunday?

20. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Yup. Rhiannon is playing solo trom for lydbrook training so I am playing too. Dusting is the right word tho - you can count the number of times I have played the thing since the last GBBA contest on one hand!

21. yoshi77

yoshi77 Member

Good luck to both you and Rhiannon on the weekend Kris. Hope to see you up there!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    GBBA Annual Own Choice Contest Entry
    Gloucestershire Brass Band Association Own Choice
    Test Piece Contest
    Gloucestershire
    Five Acres