Gavin Pritchard Leaves Tongwynlais

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Gavin, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

After just over one very turbulent year, Gavin Pritchard has decided to leave the Tongwynlais Temperance Silver Band. There have been many factors, which have led to his decision, not least events from the past few days.

“It is with a heavy heart that I have come to this decision as in general I have really enjoyed my time with the band. The highlight for me was winning the solo prize with the band at Butlins earlier in the year.

There is a strong clash of personalities within the band, which is something that I didn’t see when I first joined and I feel it would be best for me to just step away.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the members of the band I feel I can call my friends, and wish them all the best for the future.”
  2. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

WOW - strong words, however don't know what's gone on.
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Gavin, I'm sorry to hear that you've left, it's a great shame. Many thanks for playing my piece so superbly at Butlins and all the best for the future; I can't imagine it'll be long before the phone starts ringing with offers!

Andy Baker
  4. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Through working with you and your Dad I have rediscovered aspects of my musicality which had lain dormant for over twenty years. The help and support you have both given to my boys is also much appreciated by the James family and will always be remembered.

Doors close and others open - I feel sure that neither of you will be without a challenge for long. Huge thanks and very best wishes from us all ( we look forward to competing against you soon!).