Gary Speed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Just heard the dreadful news that Gary Speed was found dead at his home this morning.
    He was only 42.

A sad loss to the game of football.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Gary Speed
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Such a sad loss
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

A bit selfish to hang yourself in the family home though.
  4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

What on earth could drive a man with such good prospects, financial security, huge respect from both fans and his peers, and a young family to take his own life. It just defies belief.....
  5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Very emotional tribute to Gary Speed last night. Well done all those present.

Shame some so called Leeds 'fans' couldn't be as sympathetic -I got a really bad taste joke when the news of Speed's death broke, from one particular Leeds 'fan' (not sure he ever bothers going to games) :rolleyes: And they wonder why they're so hated!
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Doesn't do to tar all club fans with the same brush though Manx. One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and he was absolutely gutted by the whole episode.

There are a minority of morons in every football club. Unfortunately sporting organisations seem to attract them......
  7. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Fair point Andi. I should have wrote shame how 'some' so called Leeds fans...

And I agree, it's these morons who let the rest of us down, like the couple of idiots in the Kop who made racist remarks/suggestions to opposition players :-/
  8. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Bit of homework for you, look up what Leeds fans did to show their respects to Gary Speed when they visited Nottingham Forest (a few days after his death). Then you might revise your ludicrous generalisation.