Garry Cutt goes to Leyland

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Darth_Tuba, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

This has been snuck away on the brass band world website, and I don't think the press release has been put on 4barsrest yet, so here it is, just for those who hadn't heard:

Garry Cutt goes to Leyland

The Leyland Band have announced that Garry Cutt has agreed to become their new professional conductor. Garry recently tendered his resignation as musical director of Grimethorpe Colliery (UK Coal) Band, after 12 successful years.

Speaking of his appointment, Garry said "I am a firm believer in 'the working chemistry' theory. Having enjoyed two very special working relationships with two very different bands, namely Grimethorpe and Marple, and having worked with Leyland on one-off contest appearances, I feel I can build upon the relationship that already exists with the players and look forward to strengthening the playing personnel in general.

"The Leyland diary is not quite as hectic as what I have been used to in the past 12 years, therefore enabling me to engage in other kinds of work that I have been wanting to do for some time." Speaking for the Leyland Band, Edward Tarling confirmed that the marriage of minds between Garry and the band "has been forged over the past two years and we can only expect his full time commitment to improve matters even more."

Edward also said that the band wished to thank Michael Fowles, their associate conductor for the past three years, for the brilliant work he has done for the band in concerts and trusts there will be "opportunities for Michael to continue working with the band. Meanwhile, we hope that Garry's partnership with the band will be of long standing."
  2. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Great news for Leyland.

Garry is fantastic.

I hope everything works out for you guys and you get straight back to the Open.

3. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Cheers Alex, and thanks for taking my post seriously despite my avatar! :oops:
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I took your avatar seriously :shock:
  5. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I think it's lovely. I should have considered it myself. Think it would have looked great in BBW!
  6. leisa

leisa Active Member

wow! the pink hat would be famous
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it already is.
    Bet tMP has a wider audience than bbw anyway!
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice one Aid, it's all down to you guys... :wink: :wink:

9. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Hmmm... I appear to have sent my own thread off topic!!! :shock: My avatar was not really the issue :D
  10. we might get a good result at spennymoor next time lookin at garry's track record :lol:
  11. NAS

NAS Member

I think its fantastic news for the band! Good luck guys!
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

... and the news has made 4BR at last! :wink: