Funny thing Happened in Supermarket ???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nook1938, Aug 25, 2006.

1. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

After walking round the Supermarket and getting ready to boil over with trolley rage, :mad: I finally stacked my grocer's in the trolley ready to come out when the checkout girl gave me a ticket which read Free Day Out and not being able to read the small print I asked the Customer Service Girl if the Free Day Out was in Morrison's, have you ever seen two Ladies convulse on the floor laughing, not a pretty sight.

Has anyone else had a good laugh in a Supermarket ? :wink:

2. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Oh yes (see thread about things said or thought when young), however, this is a family forum and I would definitely fall foul of the mods if I explained!!!

3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I could have a field day in this thread seeing as i seem to spend my life in a supermarket at the moment!..........yes people, thats how bad things are at the moment!

Have had loads of funny/bizarre things happen but figured i'd only write about my two favourite- turning around to find a phantom trolley abandoned next to me- the only things it contained was bread and wine. Spritual?!

And on Saturday having a strange creature wondering around, wearing a blue everton shirt weilding a camera being accompained by some sort of tiger thing........weirdo! ;) :) :p
  4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Wasn't Craig (SuperSop) by any chance was it?

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

it sure was!!!
    and i can now prove that Kelly actually works for a living!!!!
    just need to get my camera hooked up to the ol' PC!!!:biggrin:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  6. super_sop

Ah yes here we go!!!!:biggrin:

Attached Files:

7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ohhh nice blouse Kelly! :)

And Craig - its good to see you use luxury soft toilet paper...;)
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well i have to say 2 years ago i was in Sainsbuys down the drinks section and this Bloke and Woman were having a right argument between them.
    Anyway the Bloke says
    "Im having this bottle of wine YOU can get what ever ???? you want to get"
    The bloke grabs the bottle not really looking what he was doing and just clips 3 other bottles at the same time well you heard
    BANG CRASH WALLOP in his temper something like 6 bottles get smashed, as he got one off the shelf:oops:
    I just burst into a fit of laughter.
    I know it might have been wrong in some peoples eyes but it was so funny:biggrin:
  9. sugarandspice

And Craig- Spell my name properly!! God! as if it wasn't bad enough you called me Kate the other day!!
  10. super_sop

Ah yes sorry about that Kate, edited now!!!:biggrin:
  11. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I could tell you lot of funny stories......

1. The nice man who threw his fish pie at me on new years' eve last year and it exploded all over me.... and I just sat their covered in fish pie laughing! I smelt horrible though!

2. The little kid the other day who said 'I know your name' about 10 times too me and then told me my name was Frank :-? (how does that look like Fiona?)

3. The lady who actually believed Kyle was called Theresa, because that was the only spare name badge he could find!

4. The whole of Saturday night when I was had 'ears' on as a runner and the box that you clip on your trousers made my trousers fall down constantly... and I waddled instead of walking!

hmmm I'm always laughing at work, its great fun!
  12. gawber

gawber Active Member

My son handed over 2 pound coins to pay for for a pack of doughnuts which cost £1-81. He was too embarrassed to say anything when he was handed change for a £20 note!

Obviously I will be sending him shopping all the time in future!
  13. nook1938

When I was a lad I walked or ran everywere, mind you, there where not many cars or kids having bikes them days, I finally got a bike and was told to go and fetch the eggs, not a good idea. I will now explain for those who are not old enough, eggs would be served to you in Brown Paper Bags and riding a bike, holding on to the handlebars with a Paper Bag at the same time is not a good combination or very healthy for the eggs to be whole. It was a standing joke that I would be the quickest to make you scrambled egg.

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Can your son come and do my shopping he sounds just the sort of person who will get on well in life:clap:
  15. sugarandspice

I had a bottle of wine explode over my check out today. I wasnt happy!
  16. nook1938

It's best when you pick a carton of cans up, then give a good shake.

17. meandmycornet

Hahaha some fool once, thought it would be hilarious too roll his bottle of wine too me along the conveyer belt (makes you question if he should have been buying it really :tongue: ) and it rolled onto my tray/scales and then onto my lap and then onto the floor and who had to clean the mess up? ME! It stank aswell! and I had it all down my legs and all over my shoes and because I had slip on shoes on.... all over my feet! YUK!! I didn't laugh at that one!
  18. meandmycornet

Oooooh and I just remembered a funny incident from Saturday night! My friend Kelly spent about half an hour trying to find a collegue called Julie..... she came up to me and she said.... can you go and ask Tom where I might find Julie? as she was a bit embarrassed about not having found her yet..... so I went over to Tom and asked him and he said ..... I dunno where you'll find Julie... but Julian is over there in the BWS aisle! :tongue: I don't think I've ever seen anybody so red as poor Kelly!
  19. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

In Tesco's yesterday someone dropped a huge bottle of milk and soaked everyone unlucky enough to be within about 3 metres!
  20. meandmycornet

I've had that aswell... I was holding a bottle of milk as I was scanning it .... and the nice mrs customer said 'oh... it looks like my milk is leaking' she very cleverly noticed that I was soaked in milk! :tongue: