Funny Ebay Instruments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by megasop2000, Feb 9, 2006.

1. megasop2000

megasop2000 New Member

Was looking through Ebay the other day trying to find me a brand new Schilke Sop for a fiver, and noticed some of the following instruments.... I have put the pictures and the item names below. see if you can spot the mistakes.

[​IMG]excelllect Chinese trombone

EDIT: Please reduce the size of the image here megasop2000 - it is distorting the page. Thanks - John.

Beautiful loudspeaker
    [​IMG]Tuba with case, , 2006 NEW, Silver color
    [​IMG]elegant brass gold-plating roundish bugle
    [​IMG]eximious black electric violin

Hope they spread a smile!!!

2. 1alexm

1alexm Member

LOL
    ive asked the seller of the first item to clarify what the instrument is.

3. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

actually there are 10 kinds of people in the world

Those who get binary

and those who don't

4. 1alexm

1alexm Member

he said it was a trombone:confused:

5. 1alexm

1alexm Member

yeah but that jokes old, and now off topic.

6. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I like the description "roundish bugle". Does that make a trumpet an "oblongish bugle?"

7. RonBarnes

RonBarnes Member

I've given up even looking on e-bay. I refuse to waste time wading through 'from India' or 'from China' junk. Why e-bay doesn't filter this rubbish out beats me.

8. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Whenever I'm bored, usually around this time of night I always trawl through the rubbish on ebay. There's ocassionally something worthwhile among all the indian stuff and random different shaped bugles, but not too often!

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Probably because they have a miriad of other "rubbish" in every other catagory. Lets be honest now, is it really realistic for someone at eBay HQ to know the differance between a french horn and a bugle?

As for the "from india" and "from China" "junk" [your word] well, its as saleable as the rest of the stuff on eBay - caveat emptor and all that....:rolleyes:

10. andyp

andyp Active Member

There's always loads of these - I think some Chinese shop has a bad automatic translating machine that keeps churning out random nice-sounding, but completely irrelevant descriptions.

Wonder if anyone's ever bought one (and is prepared to admit it!)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Ebay
    Schilke Sop
    URL
    SIZE
    Funny Ebay Instruments
  12. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

13. julestools

julestools Active Member

Just got my old bone out for a blow but couldn't find the valves anywhere. How you supposed to play one of these things. Lighter than BBb though

xx

Jules (easily confused)

14. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

Haha, that is brilliant. I pity the bass section that uses those Tubas ! :-D

Hmm... although it does look easier to carry around than my current one, perhaps I better get me one of those.

15. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Ye of little faith. Because of the advances of technology, it is now possible to fit 18ft of tubing into what previously could only hold 4 1/2 ft. Light weight and easily transportable, the only down side is the shank that still has to retain a trumpet / cornet mouthpiece, thus making pedalling a tad more difficult, but with the right technique, wholly attainable ;)

I have been using one for years, but have has to cunningly disguise with an additional 13 1/2 feet of cladding to make it appear to be the genuine article. You should see the looks I get when I lift the case above my head. Most people think it is empty!!!!!!!

16. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

EBay - The modern day car boot sale of the far east.

17. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

You can 'get rid' of these items appearing on your screen by using the sub-menu thing on the left. Tick either 'EEC Only' or 'Items within 200 miles'. Seems to do the trick! :tup