Funny anecdote thread....must be true though!!

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by scotchgirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

lets have a giggle at some funny TRUE anecdotes that we all have....could be band related or not...doesn't matter...just have to be funny and true....

I'll go first with a not hilarious one, but still made me giggle...

Was sat next to a certain 2nd euph player whilst playing at a Christmas concert....we were playing '3 King Swing', and had played this piece every year for about the previous 4 or 5 years....so anyway, milliseconds before we start playing this, she quietly turns to me and says 'AAAH I've just figured out why we play this at Christmas...3 KING Swing'....pmsl.....I didn't even play a single note of that piece.........hee hee

It was definitely a 'duh' moment ha ha ha ha ha

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas...3
    piece
    ha ha ha ha
    hee hee
    Funny anecdote thread
  3. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Guess that means me lol....

I'll strain hard and try to think of some funny anecdotes for you by the morning :biggrin:...

On asking the person next to me if she could remember if anything funny had ever happened to me, she asked me if I'd looked in the mirror lately!!! lol

4. MrsDoyle

Got one....

Our librarian was asked to order 'If Tomorrow Never Comes' for the band from Bernaerts and emailed them ordering 'If Tomorrow Never Dies'. When Bernaerts emailed him back saying they'd never heard of it, there was much hilarity from the band... he'd tried to order a Bond film lol!

5. T Winch

T Winch Member

That reminds me of the time our band librarian tried to order "Share My Yolk"

6. MrsDoyle

lol! :lol:

7. Tubabrian1

Tubabrian1 New Member

Compere at the Whitburn Band Annual Entertainment Contest many moons ago..........

".....and now Band number 6 will feature their Solo Euphonium in a piece called 'VARIED MOOD'. This piece was specially written for the Solo Euphonium Player of Grimethorpe Colliery Band, David Moore, and of course the title is an anagram of the composer Ray Woodfield......." !!!!!

8. brut33

brut33 Member

3rd Sectional finals in Harrogate 2007, we were drawn number 7. I hadn't heard any other bands and had no idea what our chances were. When the results were announced, 2nd place went to "band drawn number seven..." at which point we go bananas. I looked around and saw some of the band not moving, and I thought that maybe because they were so young they didn't realise that 2nd in the final is a good result. It wasn't until Bruce Fraser... only the composer of the testpiece... grabbed my shoulders and pointed out that the full phrase was "band drawn number seven <lengthy pause> TEEN!"

Nightmare. I truly wanted to hide away for a very long time... but on reflection at least we got to celebrate for a few seconds more than most that day!