Funniest review...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Australian Euphonium, May 18, 2004.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

:shock:

Did you notice the 'worlds greatest euphonium player' hmm! Bet poor David Childs will be crying into his beer tonight :wink: :lol:

How about the review that appeared in a well know brass band magazine recently complimenting the 'co's principal trombone player's rendition of Bolivar. Exceptional to get a review like that especially as he didn't even play it. Superb! :wink:

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

did any of that actually make sense?! :?: :!:

3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

It looks like it has been directly translated from Italian to English.

4. I think it meant well... and steven is probably the only euphonium player the Italians have ever heard. I don't think they knew quite how to describe the trademark mead sound effects in a cohesive manner!!

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whilst it is fair to say that the euphonium is a relative newcomer in Italy, anyone who heard the Italian band in Glasgow will I'm sure agree that their end man was most impressive, with quite a fearsome part to negotiate in "Phaeton" :wink:

6. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

I read it, loved it and enjoyed it 'with wittiness', as the reviewer would say........

7. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Possibly. But didn't Ponchielli write a concerto for 'flicorno basso', generally interpreted as being a euphonium? I think he was Italian, so one presumes he must have known what a euphonium was!

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Basic translation appears to be......Steven Mead played very well :wink:

9. I dunno, I thought it was bass saxhorn or something - pfffttt, well I think he's probably the first euphonium soloist this particular reviewer has been exposed to - certainly in the world of multiphonics and SFX

10. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    review
    funniest
    ones
    Anyone
    :P
  11. I gave up reading it half way through the 2nd paragraph - too much concentration needed|!