Funky Coloured Dinner Jacket or waistcoat!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ginge, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

Does anybody know where i could find a dinner jacket or waistcoat/bow tie in maybe, lime green?! Something like that anyway. To either buy or hire. Preferably hire. To be honest i don't think i'm goin to have much luck here. Any info would be appreciated. thanks!
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Well someone's got to ask - Why do you need a LIME GREEN tux?
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Can only recommend eBay, or smile sweetly at a woman who's good with a needle.;)
  5. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Don't bother, just get a black one, or if you really want to be different, a white one.

James Bond never pulled the laydees wearing a lime green tux, now did he? ;)
  6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I used to have one in the eighties - the decade that fashion forgot.

It went nicely with the white patent leather shoes and the leather pencil tie. Think I destroyed all photographic evidence from that era. Thank God they didn't have digital cameras back then.
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Personally, I think its good advice to smile sweetly at any woman holding a needle, whether she is good with it or not...;)

Apart from that, I can only recommend you try your local charity shops, or costume hire emporium. But be prepared to hunt around a lot, for some reason the market in lime green tuxedo's seems to be pretty small these days.
  8. NeilW

NeilW Member

My wife made a reversible waistcoat that was musical notes and shocking pink for my son last Christmas - I can't remember where she got the pattern from or whether she designed it herself.

How much are you willing to pay for one to your specification ??
  9. Jamie

Jamie Member

Lo Ginge!

Exercising use of a multitude of contacts at once.... never done that myself before!!

If you're willing to fork out for the fabric and stand still for a fitting, I'm pretty nifty with the sewing machine.... trouble is, I've broken mine, so you'll be buying me one of those too.... and travelling home from Pompey to be meaasured.... maybe not such a bright idea, then!

I'd go for the waistcoat thing before the coloured DJ to be honest.... I've already told you everything clashes with your hair- not that you've got any at th moment!!

Let me know how you get on!