Funds for Recorders please?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any fund/ grant/ charity or group where we could apply to for the purchase of a Bass recorder (possibly 2) for the recorder groups at my daughters primary school please? They cost about £350 each so its too much to ask the parents to buy. The sopraninos start at about £16 and the Descants and Trebles are more but pupils buy their own. These are year 3/4 and 5 children and some are showing a great deal of talent and interest which we are keen to foster. Thank you :)
  2. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I know you can apply to get grants from the County Council
  3. Stickman 09

Stickman 09 Member

That may work!
  4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

5. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Another idea could be to do lots of fundraising at the school. My school have a parents group who hold events (cake sales are popular) to raise money for the school.
  6. Stickman 09

Stickman 09 Member

Cake Sales, Wristband Sales, Raffle, Tombola...

You could do what my school did...

Do a day where you can throw waterballoons and huge buckets at water at teachers. Buckets full of water can be poured from as close as they like!

Water Balloon throws costed around 75p, and buckets costed £4! A huge bit of fun, and a nice way to pay back the teachers! Fun all round... except for the teachers!

It should raise plenty of cash!
  7. Stickman 09

Stickman 09 Member

Maybe a fair type thing would work?
  8. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Spelling mistake Stickman ;)
  9. Stickman 09

Stickman 09 Member

Where is this mistake?
  10. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Wrong there - "fair" is perfectly acceptable, even if "fayre" (which I believe to be the revival of an archaic spelling) may be more often used.
  12. I realize I am always saying that this is not a promise, but there are some schools over here have bought families of recorders, and no longer use them. I have already started trying to track down some of these. Don't anticipate yet, but they have to be somewhere. The last school I taught had a set, but I brought a lawsuit against them, so i don't believe they will comply.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009