Fundraising

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by trombelle, Oct 5, 2004.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

Some exciting news everyone!!

I’ve been accepted onto a team travelling to Eastern Siberia in summer 2005 to do some volunteer work and generally experience a different way of life as part of the Guiding Assoc.'s work over there in establishing guide and brownie groups. We will camp for a week, stay with a Russian family for a week and then stay in Moscow for a week. The team consists of 10 young people (inc myself) aged roughly between 16-18 yrs ( I’m 18 ) and four leaders. Now obviously a once in a lifetime experience such as this don't come cheap and the next few months are going to entail a LOT of fundraising. So seeing as I know a lot of you are part of volunteer organisations and are familiar with fundraising for your bands I was wondering if you had any sure-fire/interesting ideas for fundraising. Obviously my band are supporting me fully and we’ve already though about doing a concert where the proceeds go to the team, but I was wondering if anyone had any other, more fun/unusual ideas?? Don’t have to be band related since the rest of the team aren't banders and they will want to get involved too!!

Thanks
    Shell (& Team Siberia 2005! :) )

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Well done you! its always good to haer that the younger generation are getting out and about to see, and help the world. good luck to ya

:-D

thers always the fun wax 1st time i head about it was when tmp mum sugestsed we volenteer a mod to have it done to raise money for children in need.

3. trombelle

trombelle Member

dare i ask what that is?!?!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

there's always the classic... one trombone, a hat, and 5 pieces of music and you've got a good 8 hours of busking material there!