Fundraising ideas!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hollie, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Hollie

Hollie Member

Hi all!

I need all of you to help me think of some fundraising ideas that my school can do because we are trying to raise as much money as possible for the tsunami appeal.
    Today we have a non-uniform day to start us off and we need more ideas, events, days, shows, anything that can raise money within a school!
    Thanks very much in advance!

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

school concert.... bring and buy sales.... "bring a pound to school day"..... etc

3. Hollie

Hollie Member

wow, you just made me think of something, cheers!
    We used to have a penny pot appeal where everyone puts all thier unwanted coppers in a jar, that got quite a lot!!
    Will mention bring and buy sales too!
    Keep bringin the good ideas!

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

how about a sponsored silence? (teachers will love that!) or a cake stall?

5. Lisa

Lisa Member

How about a gunge-the-teachers day? people pay to place a vote on which teacher they most want to see gunged (or you could choose some other equally horrible thing to do to the losing teacher) :cool:

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

One I've seen along the same lines is a competition between classes or tutor houses or what not.

Each class has a jar. Any change that goes in their jar counts towards their total. Any paper bills put in their jar (usually by the opponent classes) goes against their total. The jar with the highest total wins!!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

You could do a show where teachers an students dress up an sing dance an generally make fools of themselves on stage an peopl who want to watch can pay to go in and then hav collection things going round during the show.Thats wot we do for Children in Need :p

8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Auctions pupils (or teachers) as slaves for a day. They could perform their duties during break and lunch times

9. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

We had a 'Wax Off' tournament. Where you have quite few male staff and there's a big campaign etc. and the ones with the most votes have their legs waxed! 20p a vote, and then something like 10p to get into the hall where they get waxed! we got a salon waxing lady in and had the tables on a big stage! we raised so much! and it was sooooo funny! :D

Things like concerts are always good too. Every year we have a charity bazaar where there are things such as bri-a-brac and cakes etc. but also have each form in years 7+8 doing their own stand with like an activity of their choice. I think one of them this year was bowling with the skittles having pictures of teachers on :p all the money goes to charity.

Ooo and if you have young enterprise or anything like that, you could invite them to it too and say well put all of the profit you make into the appeal fund. That always works cause they get publicity and it helps them too :D

10. Hollie

Hollie Member

Thanks guys, lovin the ideas, especially one that involve being mean to the teachers!!1 Already thinking about my vote!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
  12. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

At my old school the 6th formers used to put on a TWAG (third world action group) week every year - they thought up various ways of raising money for charity. It was always really god fun and has included over the years:

A Teacher pop-idol competition
    Leg Waxing for the male teachers (£2 a strip! was great!)
    Slave auction (6th formers got auctioned off the the pupils to do their work for an afternoon)
    Soak a Sixer/Teacher (works best in winter)
    Beat the Goalie (penalty shoot out)
    A waitor service in the canteens
    Talent Show
    Cake stalls
    Non-Uniform Day
    Lunchtime Gigs by some of the school rock bands

I think the last TWAG week raised just over £3000, which isn't bad considering it's a moderate sized school with a very small 6th form. I think the most important thing is to make the events fun and make them appeal to all the school, right down to the yr 7s... anything involving pain and suffering with teachers usually goes down very well and makes a mint!

Edit: Ooh just had another thought: we had a teacher with a legendary moustache and he said once that if the school raised so much (can't remember the total) he would shave it off - the said amount was raised and then we all got to see him during one lunchtime (20p entry!) having it removed. A similar thing was done with the Deputy Head dying his hair red for comic relief.

13. trombelle

trombelle Member

i remember a teacher version of Blind Date at school where everyone paid to watch. the lucky couple won a lunch for two in the canteen!! ooh and have a band play in the interval.

we did a 'saok-the-teacher' too but someone put soap in the water which didn't go down too well!

not as fun but maybe worth a try...... we have had random buckets with labels stating they are for the tsunami appeal at the canteen tills and people just chuck their change in. it raises quite a lot, one girls at college paid with a 20 pound note and donated her 17 pounds worth of change!

14. Hollie

Hollie Member

Thanks everyone, all great ideas!! I'm just writing them down to hand in tommorrow!
    Any futher ideas will be great!
    Am loving the wax-off idea Dawny!!!