Fundraising Ideas help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dawny, Sep 29, 2010.

1. dawny

dawny Member

Hi All,
    Having recently been elected onto the fundraising commitee at my sons pre school( 3-4 year olds), i wondered if anyone has any ideas for raisng funds preferably with getting the children involved too.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Christmas is comming up, how about designing some christmas cards?
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Sponsored silence :biggrin:
  4. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Cake sales? Children love eating cakes (and would probably enjoy helping to make them as well) and they always seem to go down well :)
  5. dawny

dawny Member

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.
  6. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

sponsored toddle?
  7. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

hand painted calendars for 2011??
  8. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

make your own play-dough and sell in plastic containers (for the parents to play with obviously! lol!)
  9. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Carboot sale...with the fee for each car going to the group?
  10. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Fancy Dress day...each child pays a £1?
  11. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

organise a "sponsored bounce", if you have a fairly local bouncy castle hire company, you could try and get in touch with them, explain you are doing some fun-raising and could they perhaps spare a bouncy castle for a day (they generally dont use them much in the week) then organise the children into groups of 4 or 5 and get them into some kind of rota, and get each child to get sponsors. We did it once when i was in school and i remember it being sponsored per 5 if each child was scheduled for 20mins broken up through the day you could raise quite a bit of dosh. Plus kids love bouncy may be wise to do the majority of the bouncing before dinner time, to keep cleaning bills down
  12. dawny

dawny Member

Thanks again folks. Some great ideas coming through. The sponsored bounce sounds really interesting!