Funding; sponsorships; grants ??... help needed please.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

hey gang,

I wouldnt normally ask, but I really need some advise here...

I'm due to start a Masters Degree in Performance (conducting pathway) at Salford University in October...
    I applied for a grant via the Arts and Humanities Research Council/Board, but my application was withdrawn... shocking....

Anyway, I've been trying to find other grants, but all the deadlines of the places I've found on the net, have been and gone... I'd like to avoid getting a loan, although if that's what it comes down to, that's what I'll have to do...
    However, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of people to approach for getting some sort of funding (no matter how much, or little) grants that dont have these deadlines (and the fact that these places are based on subject as well, so music generally is limited), or even sponsorship or something.... maybe even a band who'd let me work alongside a Professional MD and help me out (have to try :p)

All donations are also welcome... ;)
    Hope some people can help me out here.. I'm at a loss.

Many thanks!! :)
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

what about the Community Champions fund from your local community foundation

or contact your local council and local CVS for funing opps and funding newsletters:clap:
    good luck!
  3. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Don't move to St Helens, you'll get FA.
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

HA... move anywhere and you'll get FA!!

I'm carrying on at salford... or at least, that was the plan.....