Fun @ tMP - it's back!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 8, 2008.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Are they part of the old MAME game console for PC? (zipped ROM files).

2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

No - Defender, Galaxians AND Frogger and Pacman :D

The implementation of Space Invaders is a bit disappointing....they don't speed up as they become fewer in number as I blast them into space dust....makes it too easy.

3. KMJ Recordings

Of, um, rather questionable legality....shhh.

These things are likely under licence from somewhere.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

There's improved versions if you need them! Star Wars is available too! (one of the best from that era in my opinion)

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The interface was downloaded from an official site though! :confused:

http://www.rom-world.com/ (like this one)

6. KMJ Recordings

Ooh....vector graphics....was one of my favourites too....I also liked Tron, but it's difficult to do without the little spinning wheel things to control the arm.

7. KMJ Recordings

It's the usual case that to own the emulator was OK, but the ROMs are copyrighted and in some cases patented entities.

Some manufacturers allowed free distribution, though, but it depends on what the games are / were.

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I never said I got the ROMs for free! :eek: (... but that was when I first came online years ago when I got the emulator)

9. KMJ Recordings

Sorry Tom - the comment wasn't directly aimed at you.....more at people who may go off for a casual google search.

Apologies.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Nae probs ... I might give John a challenge on Asteroids after I tidy up a little work on my new ditty!

11. Di

Di Active Member

Errrr, John, I think the iggmeister has broken the textris scoring system. It doesn't go that high does it? :eek::tongue:;)

12. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

I am King of Fun@ deMp lol i need to get a life haha

13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I didn't miss the Fun @ tMP all that much...and wasn't all that excited about it coming back...but I'm slightly addicted now! And I don't like ^ for beating my high score at snake!! :p

14. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

What can i say other than when your good your me haha that score i have is defo beatable though!!!