Fun Marches

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Souter, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Souter

Souter Member

We have a March coming up for a Fancy dress parade and instead of playing the typical Brass Band Marches are going to try to play crowd pleasing marches. Does anyone know of any good fun pieces???
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think there have been a fair few used by the "fun" bands at Whit Friday March contest

Thomas the Tank Engine
    Black Adder
    Imperial March (from Star Wars)
  3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

"Yellow Submarine" has been used, as has "Come on Eileen." (Neither, I hasten to add, by a band I've been playing in at the time...)

I suppose you could use the theme from "The muppets" as well. Should sound pretty reasonable at the usual band marching tempo of between 108-116bpm. Should be good for a laugh.

How about "Guaglione" as well? Maybe a bit steady for marching, but if you're not in a hurry it might work....

Spicy Slaidburn always seems to go down well. If you don't know it it starts as the ordinary Slaidburn then goes into Vindaloo and then there is a bit of the great escape on some instruments too!
  5. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

We recently marched to Everybody Needs Somebody, that seemed to get the crowd going as well.
  6. countessduckula

countessduckula New Member

7. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The best fun we had was with "The Mouthpiece band" at the Whits a couple of years ago. We marched to a Monty Python selection.
  8. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

We marched to Hawaii Five-O, Sir Duke, Teddy Bear's Picnic, Little Lisa and Muss i Den - need to reduce a few of the parts for lyres. Tricky at times, but certainly had onlookers singing along... :D
  9. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Chav Brass marched to "There's No Limits" a few years ago at the Whits. That looked quite amusing. I think there's a clip on You Tube.
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Good one - BBSBB did Armyrillo a few years ago - start with Army of The Nile intro then straight into (Is This The Way To) Amarillo. Always got a good chear.
  11. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member