Fun Ensemble Music for beginners.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by claireylou, Dec 16, 2005.

1. claireylou

claireylou New Member

Hi there everyone. I`m in the process of starting a junior brass band at school and wondered if anyone had any ideas for simple, fun music.Most of the kids have only been playing around 7 weeks and we`re slowly workin our way through tune a day!But I have a couple around grade 4 standard, who could take the melody lines. I have already purchased the jock mckenzie collection, but wondered if anyone could advise me of simple music which is a little more recognisable. I know I could start arranging myself, but would prefer to take the lazier option and buy some if possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Claire.

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Have a look at First Blow from Studio Music

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Gobelin Music ( http://www.gobelin.nl/ ) have some nice publications in thier "Easy Band" and "Flexi Band" series. We use them regularly for our youth band.

5. claireylou

claireylou New Member

Thank-you

Thank-you for showing me this fab website. Some great stuff! And free too! Unfortunatley it is way to hard for my brass group though! Definitely worth a look for more advanced players.

6. claireylou

claireylou New Member

Thank-you

Thank-you for showing me this fab website. Some great stuff! And free too! Unfortunatley it is way to hard for my brass group though! Definitely worth a look for more advanced players.

7. claireylou

claireylou New Member

Hi Philip. Just checked on studio music`s website and couldn`t find anything under the title of first blow. Any more info would be gratefully recieved, as the title sounds perfect for my little brass group.

8. Di B

Di B Member

Try Francis Clifford (do a google search)
    Not known tunes, but very catchy and a couple of free ones too.
    Arranged for v easy quartet or for junior brass band - your choice!

Also got some Alan Fernie arrangements of well known tunes - I think these were from Just music. The problem here though is you can't see the music before you buy :-(

There is also the easy winners collections. Arranged in 4 part haronies and for under £15 you get around 5 tunes (like eastenders, can can, wallace and gromit, muppet show etc)
    Simple and fun.

Hope this helps

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Ah ha! i knew there was another topic on this!
    have a look here there is a thread on young brass stuff.

The youth band had their christmas concert and played a lot of gary youngs stuff. its great, the kids love to play it, and it certainly went down well with the audience.
    we have quite a few numbers at band.

have fun
    Craigy

P.S. perhaps el modos could join the two threads????

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  10. bandrh

bandrh Member

where can you get the easy winners collection in 4 part harmony? I have only seen the book with the main tune version.
    Any help would be gratful.
    Martin

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Fun Ensemble Music
    Claire
    fun music
    simple music
    workin
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

13. Bill Muntz

Bill Muntz New Member

Try Sibeliusmusic.com - the have plenty of free music for all types of ensembles. FRANCIS CLIFFORD has a few arrangements on this site. Good Luck. I am also looking for arrangements for band to use here in Mexico, where we are starting up new band programs.

14. bigcol

bigcol Member

15. city4life

city4life New Member

You could always try Something Stupid. I am in High School but we do have quite a few "beginners" in the brass group who can play it quite easily. :tup

We play the arrangement by Carson Parks/Alan Fernie. It might take a while to get the higher notes but I can get them and I ahve just passed Grade 3 so your Grade 4's shouldn't have a problem. :D