Full Band for the Areas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stevetrom, Feb 9, 2005.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

How many bands have a FULL lineup already in place for the areas?

We have just finalized (I think) our lineup with a whole 24 days to spare (oh my god is it really that close!) and from the look of the Recruitment corner and 4br many other bands are in a similar position.

What are the most common problem seats?

It appears to be front row cornets from my un-scientific browse around the vacancy listings.
  2. NAS

NAS Member

We've been in a stress since January as we were two down on the front row... fortunately all sorted now:-D.
  3. andyp

andyp Active Member

We're lucky to have a full team, but from speaking to other people recently troms (esp bass) are in short supply locally (North West).
    Not unusual, bass troms and percussionists tend to be hard(er?) to find in lower sections!
  4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Back row cornets, as the vacancy that I put up for a front row has been filled :wink:
  5. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Full Band For Area

We are fine...

Had a change around on the Trombone section but all sorted weeks ago..

I think we are one of the lucky band's......

IYOUNG Member

Second Horn and 1 back row to fill

We have got though a cracking little sop player recently recruited!!

Oh and his dad ain't bad on Trombone either!!!!!!!!!

7. stevetrom

so long as you don't ask him to play stupid solos from James Bond collection :eek:

IYOUNG Member

Blame it on the church and the fact that Man Utd were losing
  9. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

We have a full brass line up and I think we may even have the 6/7 perc players required for Rienzi but then again I could be mistaken. Backrow seats have required a bit of head scratching but we'll be right come Dundee....
  10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

We should have a full line-up for the areas.
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

We (maybe) just a bit dodgy for a eupho, but apart from that we're hunky-dorey.
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

Despite being left well and truly in it after Christmas with players jumping ship along with some serious illnesses to three prominent members, we will have a full band at Swansea! Possibly a stronger band than before. :tup
  13. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We had trouble filling the percussionist seats. I've just got the last player today and our contest is on the 27th of this month. We are lucky in that we have brass players aplenty at the moment. We are actually having to leave 6 players off the stand (3 3rd cornets, 1 2nd, a tenor horn and a baritone).
  14. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

I'm not too familiar with all the rules regarding points and so on but is it better to attend the area without a couple of players and get a poor result than not compete at all?
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

100% near as damm it,ready and rearing to go in March on Comedy.

We have got a 4 hour practise this Sunday,:)
    2 hour sectional with band spilt into 2 halfs from 2-4 then full band 4-6:clap:
    Every Sunday till Area at least 3 hours.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ;) :) :D :biggrin:
    Bring it on
  16. stevetrom

See you there !

I would say see you in the bar but as we know there is no bar !!!!!! :mad:
  17. stevetrom

I would say go if there is any way you can play the piece with the players you have.

If you don't go you may well lose even more players to bands that are contesting.

Also, as far as i understand, if yo don't play you are automatically given a result of last + 1, if you go you neve know what result you might get - and judging by some of the reults that happen you might even get a nice surprise :)
  18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

You are right it will be the pub just down the road from the Town Hall.
    Its there bussiest time of the year for them i think anyway they serve real ales:biggrin: :clap:
    some good stuff at that to.
    We wish the Area could be moved from Burton-On Trent to a better place and venue with better refreshments etc.
    We are only 15 mins away from the venue thats the only good thing about it;)
    De Montford Hall, or Royal Albert Hall Nottingham, Assembley Rooms Derby.:D
    But you cant see that going to happen as it will cost to much:mad:

Ian Perks
    Gresley Band
  19. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think as far as brass goes we are set. Unfortunately we only have either 2 or 3 percussionist out of the required 6 for Rienzi.
  20. HBB

HBB Active Member

6 percussion are required for Rienzi :eek: