FS Antoine Courtois Bb Cornet - Chambord II 106XLR

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by MrSopranoMan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. MrSopranoMan

MrSopranoMan New Member

As the name suggests - I am now a Sop player. Only started playing sop for Daventry Brass this year (I'm getting there - slowly) and as much as I hate to do it, I need the cash so I'm forced to sell my old Bb.

Funny/long(!) story with this one - was playing at the regions in Burton on Trent - my goodness knows how old Sterling decided to drop the part the water key goes over on the floor making the instrument effectively a very shiny fart blower.

After a bit of skillful persuasion, the lovely guys on the Courtois stand let me borrow it for the contest. No getting used to it, it just played how I wanted, and after we'd finished playing mum decided getting that sterling fixed every 2 months was taking the mic.... so I tried out some cornets, and this one just came out on top each time.

Gonna be real sad to see it go but it has to be done.

Cornet has no dents on the bell, will be supplied with the original Courtois mouthpiece and Courtois case, worth £100 alone. I haven't played it for over a year and I've just picked it up and all the slides/valves move like a knife through air. Small amount of tarnish on the main pipe going from the mouthpiece to the tuning slide - not sure what this is from but am happy to take pics and email/post them up if anyone wants.
    Looking for £800

Contact me on here or mobile: 07971352620. If I don't answer I'll get back to you (sorry, no phone policy at work).