Front Row Cornet Required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by David Pegram, Sep 26, 2004.

1. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Chinnor Silver Band requires the above to maintain its rapid improvement.The band reached the national finals and is now looking forward to a interesting and busy winter programme, with promotion to the 2nd section a real possiblity.You wont find a happier or more friendly band in the area. We are situated within easy reach of Oxford, High Wycombe,Aylesbury and Reading.Contact the M.D on 01844 352291 or pm me here.

2. rutty

rutty Active Member

David, are you related to Michael Pegram? I played (for a short time) with the RAF Halton band (complete with woodwind - booooo!) in the mid-90s, and that's not far from you either.

Good luck finding a new cornet player - nice area round there ;)

3. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

David and Michael are brothers

Michael is MD of Wantage band I will be seing later in the week and will pass on your Regards

Ian

4. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Now i will answer!! Yes Mike is my brother and still takes Halton band woodwind and all.He's the talented one i'm the good looking one.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Well, please pass on my regards - he may or may not remember me as I was only there for a few months. I was on a temporary posting at the time.

I was impressed with his musical knowledge and his ability as an MD, so I hope some of that has rubbed off ;)

I was impressed with his arrangement of The Great Escape - much better than some of the other versions out there :)

Good luck on finding new players.