From trumpet to cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rdouglas1976, Sep 16, 2003.

1. rdouglas1976

rdouglas1976 New Member

I'm a trumpet player that has moved from Northampton to Rugby in the UK and am looking for a Brass Band to join. I do have some experience of playing in one before.

My main questions are what bands are around my area and what type of cornet should I be looking at? I currently have a strad trpt.

2. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Have a look at www.ibew.co.uk for band listings for the Warwickshire/Northamptonshire area. I don't know the area myself, or any of the bands listed, but there appear to be several, Bilton Silver, Daventry Brass, Dunchurch Brass, Danetre Brass to name but a few.

Go take a look for yourself....

As for your Cornet enquiry, I'll leave that for the Cornet Players to squabble over and i would recommend trawling through the "reviews" forum of this site, i seem to remember there being several Cornet debates.

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

You will find that most bands will supply you with an instrument... so not really any need to go and get anything straight away. I am a fan of the maestro but you will probably find that most bands will offer you a soverign.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice