Frog (maybe Toad) epidemic .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

On my little lane on monday there were 23 dead frogs.

That's quite a lot. I also nearly trod on one in uni...it was nearly skewered by my stiletto heel.
    Has anybody else noticed lots of frogs (dead or alive)?

2. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

There are loads round near my house at the moment, even though I live nowhere near a river of a lake. Mum found one hopping around in the kitchen on sunday evening as well.....

3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I think it's the mating season for toads now. At least, I saw something on the news about about people that were helping toads to cross the streets by collecting them in buckets and then releasing them on the other side of the road (I don't know if people do this in the UK to, but here it happens a lot...)

4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i nearly stood on one the other day, on my way into school. poor lickle froggy was all runned over. it was abit flat :frown:

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

NOPe.... in London they're all in the pubs getting sloshed.... :)

6. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I've seen 4 in the past 2 days!!!!! it's not normal!!!!!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Nope havnt seen any. Although I havnt been outside alot.

8. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

We have had frog spawn in our pond for a fortnight now, so it must be the mating season.

Janet

9. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

We had amusical evening at school last wed and i saw four on the old quad at the entrance to the hall and i saw aother one today!

10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Its the attack of the killer frogs!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Frog
    lot
    one
    lane
    anybody
  12. Di

Di Active Member

We had several at the bottom of our road on Tuesday last week. I had to make Vicki get out and pick em all up and drop them on a garden before we could get out the street. :rolleyes: Tis quite usual round our way, specially when it rains. On one of the little back lanes into the village, if its been raining I usually end up driving like someone under the influence, trying to dodge all the little froggies. :biggrin::rolleyes:

13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well not any by us(WALSALL) but on the way to band ROSLISTON towards GRESLEY(BURTON ON TRENT) are country lanes and each tuesday& thursday for the last 2 weeks i have seen a good number of TOADS more than anything, some crawling to other side of road or in most cases splatterd in the road:(

14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've seen 4 ickle froggies in our basement........ but not recently... prolly hiding amongst my drum kit :lol:

Not seen any in Devon yet since I got back here the other day...

15. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Saw a news report about France. Lots of frogs there!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Puss

16. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I see that we now have a google ad on this page about "percussion frogs" LOL!

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

and 'frog toys'.....hmmm sound interesting!

18. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Had a plate of deep fried frogs legs in a Chinese restaraunt on Tuesday night in Birmingham.. other than that, I haven't seen any!

Tasty though...