Frightening thought!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Its only two weeks until the area contests begin :p

Hows everyone doing with there pieces?

If nothing else this signals the beginning of a few weekend drinking sessions :biggrin:

BOC P.S. Is there gonna be a tmp prediction thingy again?
  2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

As usual the Southern areas are the last to go. We in the L&SC area have 5 weeks to our contest, and the SW have 6 weeks. Loads of time for practice:wow
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Prediction competition is in preparation, and should be up and running before the first Areas take place.
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

We can through the piece (I think)...but it sounds a bit dodgy!!!
  5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Don't worry i'm sure that there are lots of bands in all the sections in exactly the same position...the pieces are well hard this year!
  6. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

West of England Areas are on the 12th and 13th March, along with the North West, Scottish, Welsh and half of the Midlands areas.
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

We're the weekend of 19th / 20th, so perhaps we're one of the last?
  8. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Second last. SW is always the last 26/27th, hence them never getting a decent hotel for the finals
  9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We're the first this year 26/27 Feb and we only started rehearsing Tam properly when we came back from Butlins. Starting to come together now though
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

Awww diddums, they'll have to stay in the seedy B+Bs! :)
  11. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Except this year when the West of England Areas are on the 12th and 13th March!!! ;)

Though the bit about the hotels is true...
  12. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Awww I wish ours was then! then it'd be on my birthday!! That would be amazing :biggrin:

Ours is on the 5th though!! And the piece really came together at band last night!! I think it just clicked that we have a contest tomorrow and the area is in 3 weeks!! :biggrin:

Woooooooooo I can't wait :clap::biggrin:
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

I've got a ciontest tomorrow two.... and there's only 3 other people to blame my mistakes on :eek:
  14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

We have not really started on it yet, just getting bits and pieces sorted out,but each practise you know its getting better all the time as the confidence grows within the band.

We have got a section prasctise for 4 HOURS sunday 13th BARIS- BASSES.
    Yes that= 2 nights of normal practise rolled into one:clap:
    After last year and the results we have had since march 2004 we are that determined to do well and put the disapointment at the back of us after playing well and not been in the prizes, at the contests we have gone to, the mood in the band is very high and full of confidence with each and every player.
  15. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

No it isn't. It was my birthday the day we went to Butlins and would you belive Stan FORGOT!!!
    He then tried to make it better by going and buying me a card. The only trouble was he actually went to the shop where I was on duty to buy it. This comes on top of our last wedding anniversary which just happened to be the same day as the Ripon contest. Stan managed to fall over and lose the use of his legs so we spent the night in casulty. he slept most of it as he was rather drunk after celebrating the results while I spent the night in the most uncomfortable chair imaginable waiting to find out what was actually wrong with him. Although we don't normally celebrate valentines day I've warned him he better come up with something amazing if he wants to continue living, although I wouldn't actually committ the murder until after the area (Bb basses are hard to come by)