frightening experience

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, May 24, 2006.

1. You've all probably seen on the news about the ferry that got flooded or read it in the paper. but i was fortuante to actually be on the ship and my room was about 5 foot from where the wave came in and the room had about 2ft of water in it. i was asleep at the time and heard a hugh bang. very very frightening it was alot worse than the papers said. so instead of being in spain im back home in cold saddleworth !!!!
  2. Di

Di Active Member

How terrible. I don't watch TV or read the news, but have heard about this last night. At least you're back home safe and sound and able to tell the tale! I hope it doesn't put you off and you're soon enjoying a sunny holiday.
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sounds horrible. I'm scared of ferries. Glad you're back on dry land.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

When returning from a school trip to Germany we had to shelter off the Hook of Holland for two hours because of rough seas, and that was bad enough! Glad you are alright and there was no lasting damage.
  5. barrytone

barrytone Member

I'm setting off on my first cruise on Saturday, beginning to wonder if I should take my own lifebelt. Will certainly be paying attention when we have lifeboat drill.
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

@top-Horn: please amend the email address you use in your tMP profile to a valid one. I am receiving bounced emails from your account:
  7. thought we changed this a while ago
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Obviously not.
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I've been on this journey a few times's a bit scary to hear that something like this could happen! :eek: We've never had cabins by the "window" though, my mum's always been too scared for anything like that!
  10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:eek: Never going on a ferry ever! Hope you're ok and manage to get to Spain soon :p
  11. ju33les

ju33les Member

Glad to hear that you are OK after that nasty experience.......
    At least you'll be in the country for Whit Friday now!;)

(not that we are....:eek: :biggrin: )