Friends of... <insert your band name here> Club Thingy

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugelgal, Aug 9, 2004.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I was drafted onto the band committee this year (argh! I usually manage to avoid them) and have been tasked with finding out how other bands run their "Friends of" the band schemes. Please post here or send me a PM with your experiences of this so that my band can make an informed decision about setting one up.

I would like to know (don't just stick to what I have here - it's just a starting point):

• How the payment is structured - do you have a monthly fee, an annual fee, how much is it, is it tiered with different levels of membership?
    • What your band gives back to the "Friends" - concert tickets, newsletters, a prize draw?
    • Any suggestions of what to do or what NOT to do?

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Friends of

Hi Kirsty
    A number of years ago before the lottery came along we ran a "100+" club to raise money for our instruments. Basically each member had a number 1 to 100+ and paid £1 per month or preferrably £12 per year. In return we drew three numbers out of the hat each month and paid cash prizes back to the members. (Don't give more back than you collect though).

I think over the 10 years or so that we ran this we raised a substantial amount to help buy new instruments. In addition to the chance to win cash we also had a database of these peoples names so we could let them have tickets for our concerts in the village (still paid going rate but they would be informed of concerts in advance of others)

Hope this is of use.
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

4. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Nice little plug there, ever so subtle... :lol:
  5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Subtle? :?: Moi :?:

Never! I'm a bass player. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member