Friday the 13th!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Just Crazy, May 13, 2005.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

well its only an hour or so away from the end of Friday 13th, Has anything strange happened to you?
  2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Im revising. That is very strange.
  3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I lost my game of bowls earlier. Both my opponent and myself got stuck on 13 shots for a while (at different points of course)
  4. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Bowls? Now that is strange.

Uni was strange today, in a mad insane rushing around type of way - it was Dissertation handing in day and all the 3rd years were in varying degrees of lunacy depending on how close to the deadline they actually were! I've never seen the place so busy, there must have been people coming out of the walls or something...
  5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

6. kiwiposaune

kiwiposaune New Member

I had my first violin lesson on Friday - totally bizarre and very humiliating (in a Black Friday kind of way). I'm teaching our sub principal violinist to play the baritone and she's teaching me violin. She now has a range of C to G and I can almost play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Totally appropriate, I thought, for Friday the 13th.
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Nothing strange or bad happened to me yesterday.... I started teaching at a secondary school in Oldham and it went pretty well actually.... :biggrin:
  8. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

13 is one of my lucky numbers. Unfortunately, 14 is one of the unlucky ones. Everything that should have happened on the 13th seems to come flying my way on the following day. And if the 14th is a Friday - so much the worse.
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Nope, nothing strange happened to me yesterday. A completely normal day. Quite boring really!
  10. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

Nothing strange but an absolute piece of excellent news in the choirmaster house. Our central heating system ( fire and back boiler) was condemned by a corgi registered engineer 2 weeks ago and given an estimate a few days back of £3,000. :( Needing it done urgently ( we are in the process of moving house and having to use the local swimming pool for a shower etc), but not prepared to pay that money, I called another engineer who came yesterday.

The total cost- £135

Apparently there was nowt wrong with the system that a mega good service wouldn't fix. So, actually a good bit of news in the choirmaster house, although the 1st engineer may not think so after the 'appropriate action' has been taken. ;)
  11. six pints

six pints Active Member

nah my thursday was worse, lots of playing with chemicals and paperwork (im a pool supervisor the fun) then a loverly long meeting that went on past 10 o clock!
  12. groovy

groovy Active Member

Nothing much happened to me, apart from when that moose got stuck in my ear. That was rather strange.
    A lot of my friends were sitting their Higher English and others were doing Standard Grade Business Management, so the date was very ominous!
  13. six pints

six pints Active Member

i had my cambridge interviews on a friday the 13th.... obviously didnt do so well thre (altho i would never have gone neway, so i dont care too much!)
  14. andyp

andyp Active Member

We did a concert last night which was our 13th consecutive year there, on Friday the 13th.

didn't win anything in the raffle though - which is not unusual!
  15. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i spent 5 and a half hours in the trafford centre shopping!!!

those who know me well, know im not a fan of shopping, despite being female...however i will go shopping, but not for huge lengths of time
  16. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Does being given the wrong sarnie count??? I asked for a lovely cheese savoury, returned to work with it & made myself a brew. Took the aforementioned sandwich out of the bag to discover it was Egg Mayo!!! Couldn't be a***d taking it back so I scoffed that instead. :tongue:
  17. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Hey :( its not that strange! :cool:
  18. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I had a bad day...

Patients kept coming into the surgery when their name wasn't called out... :confused:

Handpiece broke down amidst treating the Principal Dental Nurse's very phobic friend, leaving instrument stuck in root canal and taking a pair of pliers to remove it...:(:(:mad:

I got drunk after that....:rolleyes:

Rach x
    Last edited: May 15, 2005
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Nothing bad happened at all. Although did book totally knackered Volvo into the garage for next week on Friday 13th.

Was born on September 13th and have occasionally had a birthday on Friday 13th. don't remember them being bad ones.
    Superstition? Ha I laugh in the face of it.
    Have just walked under a ladder and tripped over black cat crossing my path whilst watching lone magpie eating spilt salt while 666 blackbirds sang Ave Maria backwards.
  20. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Nothing strange happened to me on Friday, only that I got requalified to stick plasters and hold sick buckets at school.

Oh yes, and I started with the flu that is only just about starting to lift today. I can sit upright for about an hour at a time today!