Frickley South Elmsall Strengthen For The Areas

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by alibaba, Feb 11, 2010.

1. alibaba

alibaba Member

Frickley South Elmsall have made some significant signings just in time for their challenge to qualify for the 2nd year in succession at the Yorkshire areas (2nd Section) in March.

After a strong contesting year in 2009 which included a 2nd place at the areas and a fine 4th place at the National finals, the band has been busy strengthening, most notably on Euphonium where they announce not one but two quality signings.

Firstly the band would like to welcome Simon Miller on Solo Euph. Simon brings with him a wealth of experience having previously played for championship section bands in the North East Area, most recently the Cottingham band.
    The band is also delighted to announce the signing of Jolyon Stead on 2nd Euph. Jolyon was previously solo Euph for the recently demised Yorkshire Championship Section band Pennine Brass. Jolyon enjoyed many successes with them.
    Conductor David Nichols is delighted that both Simon and Jolyon have joined the band and is now looking forward to adding their class and experience to an already strong middle line.

In addition to Simon and Jolyon, the band is again delighted to announce the signings of Andi Cook on Bb Bass from Yorkshire Co-op and Katy Saxton on Solo Cornet from the South Yorkshire Police band.
    Andi recently guested with the band on a couple of Xmas concerts. His signature is quite a coup as a number of local 1st and Championship bands were keen to secure his services.

Finally, the band would like to welcome Pete Watson on Solo Baritone from Knottingley Silver and Gary Clegg on 2nd Trombone. Gary is currently the Musical Director of West Yorkshire Police Band and until recently has been depping for Brighouse and Rastrick on trombone.
  2. rapier685

rapier685 New Member

Hello Simon,

Could you please tell me what nights your practises are? I have some trom mutes that you left in the changing rooms at St Georges Hall I would like to pop in have a listen and drop them off if thats ok.

ps: good luck in the 1st section....Paddy