Freshers 2005?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ScreamingSop, Feb 23, 2005.

1. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

So all you college leavers, who is carrying on studying music to degree level and where is everyone thinking of going?

Who's coming down to sunny 'ol Salford??
  2. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I'd love to go but it's a long trip in the mornings.................................
  3. Worse than leaving college and becoming a fresher.... im just about to graduate from my music degree at Edinburgh Uni!!Scary!(not that becoming a fresher is a bad thing!!)
  4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Worse than??? I cant wait to leave... Only a few months to go though...
  5. becks164

becks164 Member

i must say i am in my first year at MMU Chesire doing a music degre and was not what i was expecting!! but im stil enjoying all the spending of my student loan and going out aswell!! im loving it
  6. SLTP

SLTP New Member

well im currently still at college, but im hoping to got o uni and do a music degree and then hopfully join the army or marines as a muscian. but as you all seem to be either going into uni or currently at uni, does anyone recommend any uni's for there music? i'll be interested in the response
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

salford.. rncm..
  8. Chris Sanders

If you are serious about joining the forces bands then id reccomend Salford. Provided you are willing to put in the work, it will really improve you as a player. Salford have the best Instrumental Tutors there are, plus being in the Uni band means you get to play a great variety of music, at the top level. Salfords positioning means that you are in the perfect place to find a good band, as there are so many about. Just for example, looking around the Uni band;

Principle Cornet; Alex Thomas - British Open Solo Champion + Cornet Prize
    Solo Euph; Brendan Wheeler - BBC Radio 2 Young Brass Soloist of the year
    Principle Tuba; Toshi Nizuma - Won the Tuba Prize at the British Open Solo Championships.

Unfortunately you'd have to put up with Aidan's constant flatulence ^^ (only joking Aidan!)

My brother went to Salford and now he is joining the RAF as a musician..
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :biggrin:

I've smelt better dead things then some of the stuff that comes out of Aidans ****!:eek:
  10. Chris Sanders

11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

hudderfield, straight music.

god help all yorkshire people!

kel x
  12. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

You mean god help you!

You'll end up speaking really funny, you'll stop using the word "the" in a sentence and you'll get peeved off from having to get the 8.15 from storthes hall for a 9am lesson...other than that though you should enjoy yourself :biggrin:
  13. Bex_Euph

Bex_Euph Member

Hudds uni is wicked u will love it!!!
  14. Chris Sanders

Which is why you saw the light and decided to go to a decent uni... :-?
  15. SLTP

SLTP New Member

thank you everyone for your suggestions, i don't know whether to go straight to the marines and they have a linked uni, which is where u train that is in portsmouth! anyway i'll think about these uni's and take a look. since your reviews of both are so good, i take it that the area is good.
  16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah but still can't get up to get into a 9.30 lecture :biggrin: or to help to move gear...hence a *******ing off Maz yesterday :eek:

Plus I heard you were there Chris so that sealed the deal ;)
  17. Chris Sanders

She didnt get me yesterday... I expect a moaning at next time I see her though... However I used to do it nearly everytime... When it was my groups turn and when my bro was at Salford id do it when it was his turn too... However, was really late one day (through no fault of my own) and got a *******ing in front of loads of people... Not helped since... Wont do now...

Hell, cant blame you, you're only human... ;)
  18. Hollie

Hollie Member

Hey everyone!

I'm starting A levels next year (argh! help!) and want to become a music teacher, so this thread is great because I kinda need to start thinking about where I should go to do a music degree. I want to major in conducting and then after do the year teacher training thingy, lol!
    Is anyone here at cardiff studying music?
    Can't wait to go, will be great!!!
  19. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

so am i... im doin music n music tech n maths n psychology probably for a level...

then hopefully go the RNCM do a degree in music or summat, n then teachin one after that

choice of university might change though when i actually start lookin at unis properly n thinking of where i want to go, but ive wanted to go the RNCM since i was about 9 (or so my mum says)
  20. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

I'm hopefully doing media at Huddersfield, and not music cause my A Level teacher has reaaally put me off it.

Anyways to the bloke who wants to go in the marines, you do know you have to do 12weeks basic training before you begin marine-ing? thats 12weeks without an instrument and it's minimum of grade 8 to get in. How fussy! hehe