French Open

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Gaz W, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

My band are going to the french open this year, does anyone have any idea where i can get a set of rules to look at.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French Open
    band
    idea
    year
    set of rules
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- all I could find, I'm afraid! :-?

6. JR

JR Member

french open rules

...there arent any are there?
    (last 2 years experience)

JOhn R

7. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

Is that so? Just trying to find out how many players are allowed and who we can borrow. At the moment we need to borrow a cornet player, will they have to be from our section, will they have to be registered with us?

8. JR

JR Member

I would contact Tabby (brass journo) on here - she played for me (with Lockwood Brass) last year and she tells me Yorks Co-oP have entered this time
    I don't think you will have any problems with borrowed players - the organisation is, how shall i put this, somewhat less stringent than, say the Spring Festival....

jr

9. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

Thanks very much. We went to the US open 2 years ago and it was the same there, thanks for your help.:tup

10. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Very diplomatically put! I've been with Marsden when they were in the first section a couple of years ago. We borrowed at least 3 players from Fodens and were allowed to play, so I wouldn't worry too much about borrowing from other sections. It's also a great weekend BTW.

11. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

We are looking to go to the French Open next year,can anyone tell me what the costings are likely to be.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French Open
    band
    idea
    year
    set of rules
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've merged your post with the existing French Open thread. I'm sure if you contact some of the others who have posted here they will be able to help you with further information.

14. brass journo

brass journo Member

Hi David

We are going this year and to give you a rough idea costings for us work out roughly.
    £120 contest entry
    £3000 ish (before discounts!!) for coach including ferry crossing from thursday to sunday
    £1000 for hotel for friday and saturday bed and breakfast - works out about £135 per player for the weekend