French open

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by thommo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. thommo

thommo New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heared any news/results from the French Open at all? :rolleyes:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French
    French Open
    heared
    news
    results
  3. Fifi

Fifi Member

hi, i heard that ransomes won?? but i dont know if thats correct as they were all very drunk in france when they rang me!!

4. Tromb101

Tromb101 New Member

Marsden won the first section apparently.

5. Sopex

Sopex New Member

Marsden won the March Contest

6. flahshorn

flahshorn Account Suspended

Bonjour, what a weekend!

Yes, Ransomes did win and we came second again...

Cant remember any more results (think BTM were 3rd or 4th??), had too much beer and too little sleep for anything to sink in!

I'm going back to bed now...

bonsiour mes ami!

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think the March Contest was
    1. Marsden
    2. Ransomes
    3. Tongwynlais

And the Main Contest Was
    1. Ransomes
    2. Flowers
    3. BTM
    4. Aeolus

Best soloist: Martyn Patterson (euph), Tongwynlais

As a side note, I'd lke to thank all those at Tongwynlais for letting Diana and I help out and being so friendly (Even if it meant you couldn't get any really good players to fill in ;))

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Just got back home after leaving Amboise yesterday afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend, which was obviously helped by winning.

The Gala Concert was the icing on the cake.

Sam

9. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

I got back in the early hours of this morning and how I'm still awake after a day at work today I'll never know! Must be all that lack-of-sleep practice I've had over the weekend.....:redface:

What a fantastic experience! Not for the faint-hearted I might add - that blimmin hill out of Amboise to our digs is a mare. Took 20 mins to walk down it to town and 45 mins UP at the end of the night on the first night.....and 3 blimmin HOURS on the second night!!!

All good fun, and a fantastic, beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous, mega place to be!!! Bring on 2006 :clap:

By the way - has anyone any further news of Tim from Lockwood??

10. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

What a weekend!!!!!!! My god dont remember much due to copius amounts of lager and no sleep but wow!!!! That coach journey was a grueller though!!!!

11. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Yeah what a weekend! Cant remember the ferry journey last night i was that
    drunk!

Bring on 2006!!!

Gargoyle
    BTM Band

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    French
    French Open
    heared
    news
    results
  13. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

Yep, Ransome won the elite division, with Flowers in 2nd. Not sure about other sections but i know Youth Brass 2000 won the Youth section :p

Hope everyone involved enjoyed the weekend (and le shaker!!!!)

14. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

France

Hello folks fab weekend but like others am a tad tired from the journey. At least it was quicker getting home....didn't miss our tunnel crossing like we did on the way out, d'oh!!! Can't wait for next year.

Hello to new and old friends I caught up with out there.

Other observations I made from the weekend:

The beer in France is horrible but the taste buds got used to it after 3 or 4 litres :)
    The Dutch are completely nuts but great company. Thought I could drink but they win!!!!!!

15. Suz

Suz Member

France

Congrats to all the bands in the prizes.

BTM also won the singing contest outside Le Comedie with a bit of help from a lady from Marsden who stole the show with Delilah!

A great trip, especially the cocktails in Ikea vases in Le Shaker!

Suz x

16. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Good to meet you Suz. I'm surprised IKEA haven't opened a branch in Amboise. They'd do a great trade.

We managed quite a party in there on Saturday night with Marsden, BTM and the Dutch band all squeezed into Bar Shaker.

17. Suz

Suz Member

France

It was nice to meet you too Sam, apologies for being a bit wobbly, too many glasses of red wine and cocktails! The atmosphere in the cocktail bar was great! I don't know how we all managed to squeeze in though!

Suz x

18. Sharp baritone

Sharp baritone New Member

Pam,
    We heard Tim got back safely to the UK on Sunday. He certainly looked better than I did at 9am on Sunday morning.

Lockwood won 2nd section by the way.

19. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Tim's in remarkable condition considering he'd taken the odd beer or ten throughout the day, then back at our hotel tipped a litre of JD into a bottle of coke and just about finished it before we arrived back in Amboise for a nite out!

Tim managed to get off the bus and cross the road before the pavement hit him! Still a few hours in a French Hopital and loads of vomit saw him back in our hotel by 3am. Poor Bruce will never get over the vision of Tim coming into the room wearing only a hospital gown and undercrackers, :eek: .........it could be why he's left the Band!!??

Many thanks to Lockwood for inviting us Langbaurgh players it was an excellent weekend and well done all on a great result.

20. em_d

em_d Member

a few of us from flowers, or should i say polysteel, were in shaker too! had a great night, apart from the not being able to get a taxi back to the hotel and having to walk for an hour and a half instead-wasn't impressed! had a great weekend though :)

21. Mmmmmm lack of sleep from the weekend and some people were very drunk in "le shaker" werent they Em

22. em_d

em_d Member

and who might that have been then???.......:p