French Open Results 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Tim Pritchard, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

Results for the French Open Brass Band Championships 2010
    Championship Section
    1st BRASS BAND RIJNMOND (Holland) 117,75
    2nd Exo Brass (France) 115,75
    3rd Redbridge Band (England) 114,50
    4th Jersey Premier Brass (Channel Islands) 113,50 :clap:
    5th Amsterdam Brass (Holland) 112,25
    6th Lockwood Brass (England) 110,25

Premier Division
    1st Brass Band Val de Loire (France)
    4th Brass band des Pays de la Loire (France)

2nd Section
    1st SCHOONHOVEN B (Holland)
    3rd SWINDON PEGASUS BAND (England)
  2. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Lympstone South West Telecoms also won the overall outdoor entertainment contest. :clap::p

I believe Lockwood were 2nd
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:biggrin: Whoop whoop!

Fantastic weekend! I have a bit of a headache at work today...think it's due to a lack of wine?!
  4. paddo

paddo Member

confused here, i was lead to believe lockwood got 5th test piece, 3rd march and won entertainment's??????
  5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Yes we did mark. Although we were 6th in test piece. We won the overall entertainment though definitely, we have the trophy and certificate anyway!!! Unless that was left amongst the table of empty beer cans?
  6. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

I thought Lympstone came first in the entertainments. We celebrated it anyway!

Appears there has been a mix up somewhere...
  7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Lockwood played on the stage in the town square and we (Lympstone) played on the other stage so I would say there were probably two 'prix du public', one for each venue!! Great weekend and super weather!! We have the certificate and 'lovely' trophy to prove it too!
  8. JR

JR Member

I definitely saw 2 trophies loaded onto the bus - 3rd in the March and best Entertainment!

We also must have won:

(a) Scariest 1st bar of "Pantomime"

(b) Hottest, fastest ever rendition of 7 pieces inside 24 mins so we didnt go over time (and loudest percussion)

(c) Most injuries to borrowed players (see facebook..)

Many thanks to all, particularly Dave and Fiona Shawcross for another great weekend

cheers, JR
  9. paddo

paddo Member

agree john, but what a great weekend. Thanks Dave and Fiona, cracking weekend.
  10. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Has the trophy been fixed yet?!!!
  11. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

I don’t think our counting was up to much in the theatre (ask Nigel) but at least Dave could smile whilst still playing! ... and contrary to popular belief I only had a couple of drinks before we did the entertainment (OK - they were “formidables” but you never said how large the drinks could be) - Loud and fast – it did the trick! (There must be a Prix du Public for each venue though). Once again a great weekend – thanks to Dave and Fiona for putting it all together.
    May 20th to 22nd 2011 – in the diary already!
  12. paddo

paddo Member

damn wedding booked din.... :(
  13. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I'd be happy to stand in for you ol' boy... ;)
  14. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Yes we have fixed it!!

And yes there must be a first prize entertainment for each venue. Apparently the results were difficult to follow, even for the French!